Dine Around the World
Introduce your palate to a variety of delicious culinary styles from around the globe, all within a few short blocks at restaurants in Carlisle, PA.
Fay's Country Kitchen: Step back in time and have a traditional American breakfast with a little twist.
- Must Try: The assortment of the best pancakes hands down. Mix and match and try a couple flavors, like oat bran with peaches (inside the pancake not on top), buckwheat with blueberries, Hawaiian, pumpkin along with 20 other kinds to choose from. Tip: They don't accept credit cards so bring cash.
Courthouse Commons: This hotspot in located right by the Courthouse in Carlisle. Stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner. On a nice day sit outside and watch the streets of downtown Carlisle.
- Must Try: Pumpkin Bagels and Espresso
Camellia's Sin Tea Parlor & Gift Shop: Enjoy a little taste of heaven and a sip of tea in an elegant and cozy tea parlor. Treat yourself to a traditional eight-course afternoon tea with a selection of homemade teas, petite sandwiches, soup, homemade scones and more! Bring your own fun hat or select one hanging on the wall.
- Must Try: The snowflake tea and to-die-for homemade scones. Tip: Reservations recommended.
Market Cross Pub & Brewery: Serving up English meals paired with over 250 varieties of beer from all over the world. Stop by for live entertainment on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Must Try: King Fish Basket with Chips.
Café Bruges: Traditional Belgian dishes and over 100 Belgian beers and ales available.
- Must Try: Frites appetizer with homemade ketchup. Tip: Stop by for Sunday Brunch 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Mt Fuji: The place for sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine in Carlisle.
- Must Try: The Spicy Kain Bowl and the Snowtin Roll.
Cancun Mexican Restaurant: Serves traditional Mexican cuisine, a few minutes from downtown Carlisle.
- Must Try: Fajitas Texanas with Steak, Chicken and Shrimp.
Issei Noodle: Features delicious made-to-order noodle and rice dishes.
- Must Try: Chicken Egg Don -Buri - Chicken sautéed in sweet onion, mirin, sake, honey, seasonal greens, soy sauce and egg over rice.
Trattoria Piatto: Offers traditional Italian comfort food in a fine dining setting. On a nice day, enjoy your meal outside on their mini piazza.
- Must Try: Ravioli d'Aragosta (Lobster ravioli sauced with crab meat).
Andalusia: Spanish and Moroccan cuisine featuring tapas and traditional dishes.
- Must Try: Sangria and Marinated Olives.
Helena's Chocolate Café' & Creperie: A sweet little café with super-sized perfectly thin crepes, gourmet handmade European chocolates, homemade gelato and sorbet, and more.
- Must Try: Assortment of French Macarons (not made with coconut) or the Banana & Nutella Crepe
Carlisle Bakery: Downtown bakery offering cakes, cupcakes, biscotti, cream puffs, cookies, Hershey's ice cream and much more.
- Must Try: Cake Pops and Biscotti
Ice Cream (A few minutes from downtown)
Massey's Frozen Custard: Seasonal ice cream stand, featuring frozen custard and milkshakes.
- Must Try: Traditional Chocolate Shake
Leo's Homemade Ice Cream: Homemade ice cream with specialty flavors, to-go pints and cakes
- Must Try: Salted Caramel Ice Cream on a Sugar Cone