Cumberland ValleyQuick Links
Don’t stay hidden inside this winter! We found the best attractions, events and holiday shopping opportunities that will keep you exploring Cumberland Valley well into the chilly months.
Those seeking winter adventure can slide down the mountain on skis, a snowboard or an inner tube. If you are looking for a more relaxing winter sport, that still gets you outside, try cross-country skiing at our scenic state parks.
- Cross-country ski or enjoy ice-skating at Doubling Gap Lake at Colonel Denning State Park.
- Kings Gap Environmental & Education Center still offers special programming in November and December.
- Get outdoors this winter at Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Enjoy cross-country skiing, ice-fishing and snowmobiling.
- Hit the big slopes at Roundtop Mountain Resort. Throughout the winter months, Roundtop offers skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.
The Valley’s assortment of funky gift shops, art galleries and handcrafted Made in Cumberland Valley goodies make holiday shopping easy for everyone on your lists. Be sure to check out our coupons section for more savings!
- Shop the Block on Pomfret Street in Carlisle. Spend a day browsing through art galleries, specialty shoppes and more.
- Don't spend more than you have to this holiday season! Check out our Cumberland Valley coupons for savings at shops, restaurants and area attractions.
- Find the perfect gift or treat yourself to a Made in Cumberland Valley item, from artisan jewelry to delectable treats.
- Make a weekend out of Finding the Ultimate Collectible in Cumberland Valley by following this trip idea.
Holiday & Seasonal Events
Don’t let the chilly months keep you locked up inside! Celebrate the season with a traditional holiday tree lighting, classic winter show or a quirky New Year’s Eve event.
Click here to view the Official Cumberland Valley Events Calendar. As the season approaches the new event dates will be added.
- Boiling Springs Tree Lighting - Occurred December 1st
- Holiday Exhibit: All Aboard at Cumberland County Historical Society
- Allenberry Christmas Show - When Santa Met Sally
- Special Seasonal Performances at the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center
- Art for the Holidays at Carlisle Arts Learning Center
- Cars at Christmas at the Antique Auto Club of America Museum
- Holiday Shows at Carlisle Theatre
- First Night Carlisle - New Year's Eve Celebration
- Wrench Drop in Mechanicsburg - New Year's Eve Celebration
- Murder Mystery Weekends at Allenberry Resort Inn & Playhouse
The average temperatures for the winter months in Cumberland Valley are: December - Low 25 & High 40, January - Low 20 & High 35 and February - Low 22 & High 39.