Cumberland ValleyQuick Links
Don’t stay hidden inside this winter! We found the best attractions, events and holiday shopping opportunities that will keep you exploring Cumberland Valley well into the chilly months.
Holiday & Seasonal Events
Don’t let the chilly months keep you locked up inside! Celebrate the season with a traditional holiday tree lighting, classic winter show or a quirky New Year’s Eve event.
- Boiling Springs Tree Lighting - December 7th
- The Oak Ridge Boys' Christmas Night Out at The Luhrs Center - December 11th
- White Christmas at Carlisle Theatre - December 13th
- Holiday Exhibit at Cumberland County Historical Society - Through January 10th
- The Christmas Campaign at Allenberry Playhouse - Through December 21st
- First Night Carlisle - New Year's Eve Celebration
- Wrench Drop in Mechanicsburg - New Year's Eve Celebration
- Anchor Drop in Shippensburg - New Year's Eve Celebration
- Murder Mystery Weekends at Allenberry Resort Inn & Playhouse
Outdoor & Indoor Recreation
Those seeking winter adventure can slide down the mountain on skis, a snowboard or an inner tube. If you are looking for a more relaxing winter sport, that still gets you outside, try cross-country skiing at our scenic state parks.
- Cross-country ski or enjoy ice-skating at Doubling Gap Lake at Colonel Denning State Park.
- Kings Gap Environmental & Education Center still offers special programming and hikes throughout the winter months.
- Get outdoors this winter at Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Enjoy cross-country skiing, ice-fishing and snowmobiling.
- Hit the big slopes at Roundtop Mountain Resort. Throughout the winter months, Roundtop offers skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.
- The whole family will enjoy an afternoon of ice skating at Twin Ponds Family Recreation Center West.
The Valley’s assortment of funky gift shops, art galleries and handcrafted Made in Cumberland Valley goodies make seasonal shopping easy for everyone on your lists. Be sure to check out our coupons section for more savings!
- Shop the Block on Pomfret Street in Carlisle. Spend a day browsing through art galleries, specialty shoppes and more.
- Don't spend more than you have to in the new year! Check out our Cumberland Valley coupons for savings at shops, restaurants and area attractions.
- Find the perfect gift or treat yourself to a Made in Cumberland Valley item, from artisan jewelry to delectable treats.
- Make a weekend out of Finding the Ultimate Collectible in Cumberland Valley by following this trip idea.
The average temperatures for the winter months in Cumberland Valley are: December - Low 25 & High 40, January - Low 20 & High 35 and February - Low 22 & High 39.