Cumberland ValleyQuick Links
Don't stay hidden inside this winter! We found the best outdoor attractions, performing arts venues and holiday shopping hotspots that will keep you exploring Cumberland Valley well into the chilly months.
Those seeking winter adventure can slide down the mountain on skis, a snowboard or an inner tube. If you are looking for a more relaxing winter sport, that still gets you outside, try cross-country skiing, ice skating or hiking at our scenic parks.
- Cross-country ski or enjoy ice-skating at Doubling Gap Lake at Colonel Denning State Park.
- Kings Gap Environmental & Education Center offers special programming and hikes throughout the winter months.
- Enjoy cross-country skiing, ice-fishing and snowmobiling at Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
- Throughout the winter months, Roundtop Mountain Resort offers skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.
- Take the family for an afternoon of ice skating at Twin Ponds Family Recreation Center West.
Arts & Culture
Head indoors this winter and enjoy a musical performance, speaker, film or children's performance at the assortment of performing arts venues in the Valley.
- Take in a variety of shows and performances at the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center in Shippensburg.
- Relax at the art deco Carlisle Theatre for an award-winning film or live production.
- View a list of upcoming Holiday Performances this season here.
The Valley's assortment of funky gift shops, art galleries and handcrafted Made in Cumberland Valley goodies make seasonal shopping easy for everyone on your list.
- The 2015 Gift Guide may be over, but if you still have shopping to do check out all the local gifts we are recommending.
- Shop the Block on Pomfret Street in Carlisle. Spend a day browsing through art galleries, specialty shoppes and more.
- Find the perfect gift or treat yourself to a Made in Cumberland Valley item, from artisan jewelry to delectable treats.
- Browse for a one-of-a-kind gift by following the Cumberland Valley Antique Trail.
Make it a Weekend
Plan to make a winter getaway out of the suggestions listed above. Our lodging choices range from downtown hotels to charming bed and breakfasts. Find all your lodging options. Also plan for a cozy meal or two with the collection of eclectic dining choices throughout Cumberland Valley.