This position reports to the Promotions Manager
The Promotions Coordinator is responsible for providing marketing support and coordinating events for all segments of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation’s (CAEDC) tourism and economic development initiatives and programs, which supports business and visitor growth, and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinate all CAEDC events, tradeshows and local events including but not limited to: annual golf event, local events, roundtables, Cumberland Valley Alliance meetings and tradeshows.
- Create and distribute eNewsletters including: Partners, Bi-weekly events, specialty eNewsletters and others.
- Assist the Promotions Manager with the management and placement of all economic development paid media.
- Coordinate the production of all marketing and sales tools, including but not limited to group tour brochures, meeting planner, promo items, rack cards, etc. Ensure all creative is consistent and meets established standards.
- Coordinate the printing of all collateral and promotional materials, to include: obtaining quotes, negotiating costs, proof reading, circulating documents for internal approval and dissemination of completed materials to appropriate parties.
- Coordinate and fulfill all inventories of collateral, giveaways, and printed materials.
- Assist with the maintenance of the tourism and economic development online calendar of events, which includes ensuring that high-level events are on the calendar and approving event submissions.
- Represent the organization at various tradeshows that promote business, growth or tourism into the area.
- Maintain an informed, working knowledge of all accommodations, attractions and other services available in the Cumberland Valley as well as all surrounding area major tourism venues to provide quality service to the visitor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Communication, oral and written
- Quality of work
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four year-college or university; two years related experience and/or training preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Event planning, coordination and management
- Competent proofreader and copy editor
- Proficient with all MS Office applications and customer relationship management systems
- Capacity and willingness to adapt to changing programs and duties
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple competing projects
Company Core Values:
- Results Driven
Please send your cover letter and resume to Judith Fissell at Judith@cumberlandbusiness.com.
The Visitors Bureau seeks volunteers to help staff our two Visitors Center locations - one in historic downtown Carlisle (33 West High Street) and the one at the US Army Heritage and Education Center (950 Soldiers Drive) in Carlisle. If you enjoy meeting and speaking with people and are willing to learn and share information about the Cumberland Valley, this position is for you!
Our two Visitors Center locations are a great source of free information on hotels, restaurants, attractions, events and shops within the county. Our friendly volunteers serve as brand ambassadors and ensure a positive visitor experience by assisting visitors and motivating them to explore more of our region. The Visitors Bureau provides free training and a flexible schedule.
For more information, contact:
Stacey Cornman, Visitor Services Manager