1. Get into Shape - Skip the crowded gym and try something new this year to shed the holiday pounds. Learn how to rock climb at Climbnasium, take a winter hike with Kings Gap Environmental Education Center or challenge yourself with cross-country skiing at Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
2. Eat Healthier - The typical resolution is to give up eating out, but why would you want to do that when the Cumberland Valley has so many great restaurants! If your New Year's resolution includes eating healthier here is a list of great restaurants in the Cumberland Valley that offer locally grown and "green" menu options: The Green Room Bistro & Juice Bar, Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar, Café Bruges and TJ Homestyle. Find more information about these options under the "Eat Green" category of dining at www.visitcumberlandvalley.com.
3. Reduce Your Stress - We could all use a stress free 2012 and while it may not be completely possible there are a few ways to relax and reenergize this year. Pamper yourself at one of the Valley's great spas, get a much needed foot massage at Heel Your Sole or find your inner peace at the Barefoot Yoga & Wellness Studio.
4. Learn Something New - If like many, you would like to try something different and meet new people this year there are loads of opportunities in the Valley. Take a unique cooking class at The Kitchen Shoppe, get crafty with a hands-on gourd project at Meadowbrooke Gourds or finally tackle your flower garden with great tips and tricks from a workshop at Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses.
5. Spend Time with Loved Ones - Spending time with the special people in your life does not need to be difficult. The Valley is full of unique family-friendly events all year long. Whether your group likes to be outdoors, learning something together or taking in a show you will find numerous opportunities for fun. For a complete list visit the "Events Calendar" at www.visitcumberlandvalley.com.
6. Travel More - The world is a big place with lots of hidden gems and undiscovered journeys. Start your search for unique travel spots in your own backyard. You may be surprised how many places you have overlooked or never heard of! Visit the Cumberland Valley Visitors Center at 33. W. High Street in Carlisle for trip ideas, suggestions and more.
7. Enjoy Life - By taking a look at the list above and choosing at least one you are already on your way to enjoying life more. Whether you want to get in shape, spend time with loved ones or travel the globe, the collection of assets and tools you'll need, all lie in the Cumberland Valley.Have a happy and fun-filled 2012!