The Luhrs Center 2013-2014 season tickets go on sale Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 11 AM. Season subscriptions, flex series, and individual tickets can be ordered in person at the Luhrs Center Box Office, and by calling 717.477.SHOW (7469) or purchase individual tickets online at luhrscenter.com.
SHIPPENSBURG, PA (July 10, 2013) - The H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center at Shippensburg University announces its 2013-2014 season schedule today. Single tickets, season subscriptions and flex series tickets go on sale Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 11 a.m. Tickets can be purchased by visiting the Luhrs Center Box Office, calling 717.477.SHOW (7469), or online at luhrscenter.com. Season subscriptions and flex series must be purchased in person or over the phone, and are not available to purchase online.
The Luhrs Performing Arts Center 2013-2014 season features a variety of entertainment options including Rock, R & B, and Country performances; children's and family programs; Celtic music; comedy; and much more (see full schedule below).
The 2013-2014 season kicks off on September 20 with Country music superstar Scotty McCreery, American Idol's youngest male winner, having won the competition at the young age of 17, as well as being the show's first Country male winner in 2011.
Country continues with blockbuster performances including Vince Gill (Oct. 10), Trace Adkins Holiday Show (Nov. 21), and An Evening with Don Williams (March 22).
This season is sure to please any Rock n' Roller's palette with performances including: Kansas (Sept. 27), Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (Oct. 5), Jive Talkin' perform The BEE GEES Live in Concert (Oct. 26), Tony Orlando's Great American Christmas (Dec. 17), Love Me Tender - The premier Elvis Valentines' Bash (Feb. 1), and The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie & The 5th Dimension featuring Florence LaRue (May 31).
The incomparable R & B sounds of Earth, Wind & Fire hit the Grove Theatre stage with their "Now, Then & Forever" Tour on October 30.
We'll slow it down a bit with the elegant sounds of Mandy Patinkin: Dress Casual with Paul Ford on Piano (Feb. 27), and The Music of Ella & Ellington: starring Patti Austin & The Duke Ellington Orchestra (March 7).
If you're a Broadway buff, then you'll be pleased to know that we've scheduled MAMMA MIA! (Nov. 12), MEMPHIS The Musical (Feb. 6), Bring It On: The Musical (April 16) and The Ten Tenors on Broadway (April 24).
Bring the entire family out to the Luhrs Center for kid-friendly performances of Junie B. Jones (Nov. 9) and Diary of a Worm, a Spider & a Fly (March 15).
If Celtic music is more your style, then Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas - The Symphony Tour (Dec. 5) return for a holiday program with a 46 piece orchestra and Women of Ireland (March 13) are performances you just can't miss!
In tandem with this year's Luhrs Circle of Friends Gala, the Luhrs Center is presenting the iconic comedian Lily Tomlin (March 29) for an evening of laughs and proceeds which benefit the Luhrs Circle of Friends program. The Luhrs Circle of Friends Gala is an evening of friendship, festivities and fabulous food all set amidst a fun-filled night of comedy to help support the Luhrs Center. A donation to the Gala affords the donor outstanding member benefits such as priority ticket ordering, invitation to the Annual Fund President's Recognition Dinner, and more.
More comedy is in store when Jim Belushi & The Chicago Board of Comedy (Nov. 2) bring their evening of improv and audience participation to the Luhrs Center.
In support of Shippensburg University's H.O.P.E. Diversity Scholarship Program, join former NFL Head Coach and ESPN analyst Herm Edwards for a motivational message of faith, family & football with the lecture "Your Life Plan" (Feb. 20).
Ballroom Dance Lessons are offered on the Luhrs Center stage as both Beginner and Advanced classes for a 6 week period (weekly, beginning Sept. 16). Taught by seasoned dance instructor, Frank Hancock, this is a great opportunity to learn the basics or brush up on your skills as a Beginner; or learn the more advanced steps in the Advanced class.
Details for the Shippensburg Symphony Festival Series will be announced later this fall.
"Wow! I saw it LIVE at the Luhrs Center and I'm coming back!" and "There isn't a bad seat in the house" are comments that we hear most often commented Dr. Leslie Folmer Clinton, associate vice president for external affairs and director at the Luhrs Center. "The acoustics are fantastic, and the ushers are welcoming and friendly," "The Luhrs Center is easily accessible and offers ample, free parking," are also commonly heard responses as we embark upon our 8th season at the Luhrs Center." "We are pleased to have the opportunity to present world-class caliber talent to this region at affordable ticket prices that you would otherwise need to travel to the nearest metropolitan area to experience and pay to see at higher prices."
H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center 2013-2014 Season Schedule
Ticket prices and additional information available online at luhrscenter.com or by calling 717.477.SHOW
- Scotty McCreery Friday, September 20, 2013, 8 PM
- Ballroom Dance Lessons begin Monday, September 16, 2013, 6 & 7 PM
- Kansas Friday, September 27, 2013, 8 PM
- Nitty Grity Dirt Band Saturday, October 5, 2013, 8 PM
- Vince Gill Thursday, October 10, 2013, 8 PM
- Jive Talkin' perform The BEE GEES Live in Concert Saturday, October 26, 2013, 8 PM
- Earth, Wind & Fire - "Now, Then & Forever" Tour Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 8 PM
- Jim Belushi & The Chicago Board of Comedy Saturday, November 2, 2013, 8 PM
- Junie B. Jones Saturday, November 9, 2013, 11 AM & 2 PM
- MAMMA MIA! Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 7:30 PM
- Trace Adkins Holiday Show Thursday, November 21, 2013, 8 PM
- Shippensburg University Community Orchestra Fall Concert Sunday, November 24, 2013, 3 PM
- Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas - The Symphony Tour Thursday, December 5, 2013, 7:30 PM
- Tony Orlando's Great American Christmas Tuesday, December 17, 2013, 8 PM
- Love Me Tender - The Premier Elvis Valentine's Bash Saturday, February 1, 2014, 8 PM
- MEMPHIS The Musical Thursday, February 6, 2014, 7:30 PM
- H.O.P.E. Diversity Scholarship Program - An Evening with Herman Edwards - Lecture "Your Life Plan" Thursday, February 20, 2014, 8 PM
- Mandy Patinkin: Dress Casual with Paul Ford on Piano Thursday, February 27, 2014, 8 PM
- The Music of Ella & Ellington: starring Patti Austin & The Duke Ellington Orchestra Friday, March 7, 2014, 8 PM
- Women of Ireland Thursday, March 13, 2014, 8 PM
- Diary of a Worm, a Spider & a Fly Saturday, March 15, 2014, 11 AM & 2 PM
- An Evening with Don Williams Saturday, March 22, 2014, 8 PM
- Luhrs Circle of Friends Gala Saturday, March 29, 2014, 6 - 7:15 PM
- An Evening of Classic Lily Tomlin Saturday, March 29, 2014, 8 PM
- Shippensburg University - Spring Band Concert Sunday, April 6, 2014, 3 PM
- Bring It On: The Musical Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 7:30 PM
- The Ten Tenors on Broadway Thursday, April 24, 2014, 8 PM
- Shippensburg University - Community Orchestra - Spring Concert Sunday, April 27, 2014, 3 PM
- The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie & The 5th Dimension featuring Florence LaRue Saturday, May 31, 2014, 7:30 PM
Please hold the dates of July 10, 17 & 24, 2014 for the Shippensburg Symphony Festival Series. Details TBA in the fall.
For tickets and information, call the Luhrs Center Box Office at 717.477.SHOW (7469) or visit the Luhrs Center website at luhrscenter.com. Groups of 20 or more receive a special discount for select shows (Call the Box Office for details and restrictions).