It’s the holiday season and you’re trying to find the perfect item for that special person on your list. You’ve searched the malls, but you’ve come up with nothing. You can shop online, but where’s the fun in that? Why not tour the boutiques, shops, and attractions around the Cumberland Valley to finish your list?
Everyday beginning on November 19th through December 10th, we’re giving you a calendar of gift suggestions for everyone on your list! And even better…we’re giving them away!
Beginning on Saturday, November 19th, we’ll be posting items that you can find in the Cumberland Valley (some exclusively) on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Not only can you find these suggestions, you can win them! Just like, share, comment or retweet for your chance to win each day’s prize (see a complete list of rules at the bottom). Gifts include tickets to the Nutcracker, jewelry from K Novinger, kitchen utensils from the Kitchen Shoppe, golf equipment, a kids bicycle and more. Check back as we reveal each new item every day and remember to support local businesses on Small Business Saturday on November 26, 2016.
Saturday, November 19: EVO Change-Up Bike from Cole's Bicycles (won by Stephanie Cope-Myers, Harrisburg, PA)
Sunday, November 20: Gear from TCO Fly Shop (won by Albert Cuneo, Willow Grove, PA)
Monday, November 21: Central Penn Youth Ballet Tickets (won by Joanna Harms, Mechanicsburg, PA)
Tuesday, November 22: Swaddles from Baby Bug & Me (won by Melinda Acri, Mechanicsburg, PA)
Wednesday, November 23: Vera Bradley Throw Blanket from Olde Susquehanna House (won by Terri Biebuyck)
Thursday, November 24: Cuisinart 10-piece Chef's Set from The Kitchen Shoppe (won by Deidra Woodward, Dillsburg, PA)
Friday, November 25: Eureka! Sunriver 2-Person Backcountry Tent from Field & Stream (won by Lauren Kelly, Camp Hill, PA)
Saturday, November 26: Candles, socks, cups and more from the greatest gift (won by Jennifer Waleski)
Sunday, November 27: Reindeer Gourd from Meadowbrooke Gourds (won by Heidi Trail, Annville, PA)
Monday, November 28: Duck Donuts Gift Certificate (won by Kirby Witmer)
Tuesday, November 29: Hand-carved bowl and spreader from History on High (won by Barbara Grantham)
Wednesday, November 30: Kendra Scott bracelet from K. Marie & Company (won by Jeanette Lipp, Hanover, PA)
Thursday, December 1: Pottery from Tickle My Senses (won Shelley Whitcomb, Carlisle, PA)
Friday, December 2: Treats from Doggie Delights (won by Chrissy Baldwin)
Saturday, December 3: PING Golf Bag and Gift Certificate to Rich Valley Golf (won by Bonnie Smith, South Mountain, PA)
Sunday, December 4: Leather wallet from Creative Elegance (won by Melissa Mazzur, Hanover, PA)
Monday, December 5: One Good Woman & Calicutts Spice Co. (won by Connie Lindsay, Camp Hill, PA)
Tuesday, December 6: Gift Certificate to SPAtacular Escapes (won by Katie Hanford, Carlisle, PA)
Wednesday, December 7: Decorative Jars from Christmas Tree Hill (won by Robin Cox, Carlisle, PA)
Thursday, December 8: Chocolate from Brittle Bark (won by Jeanette Magero, Mechanicsburg, PA
Friday, December 9: Growler and gift certificate to Ever Grain Brewing Company (won by Karen Bowermaster, Carlisle, PA)
Saturday, December 10: K Novinger Jewelry Design Necklace (won by Ashley Kolpak, Elverson, PA)
Every day from Saturday, November 19, 2016 through December 10, 2016, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (CAEDC) will be giving away one prize per day on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook and Twitter page. Each prize will be a showcased gift that visitors can purchase at locations in the Cumberland Valley.
To enter on Facebook:
· Like the post about the gift/prize
· Comment on the post about the gift/prize
· Share the post about the gift/prize
To enter on Twitter:
· Retweet the post about the prize/gift
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by liking, sharing, and commenting on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook page’s post on the daily prize and/or by retweeting the post on Twitter.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (along with its volunteers and Board members) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. Only one entry per social media account is eligible per day.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected for each post within two business days of the entry. Winners will be randomly selected from a list of followers who shared, liked, commented, and retweeted the post.
4. PRIZES: There will be one prize and one winner per day. The prizes may range in value from $1 - $200.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Employees of the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation will attempt to contact the winner of the daily prize within five business days of the winning day. If there is no response within 48 hours of the initial contact, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit their names in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation.
b. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. ACCEPTING THE PRIZE: Once winners are selected, there are two ways to receive their prize.
a. If the winner lives within 40 miles of the CAEDC office, it will be the responsibility of the individual to pick-up the item at the CAEDC office at 53 W. South St., Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013. Prizes can be collected Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30 pm. There will be select days where award winners can pick-up their prizes at evening times. Each winner will need to coordinate a time with Aaron Jumper (email@example.com 717-240-7185) to pick-up their prize. All prizes must be picked-up by noon on December 19, 2016.
b. If the winner lives beyond 40 miles away, CAEDC will ship the prize to the winner’s home or location of their choosing. Winners from beyond 40 miles may also choose to pick-up their prize at the CAEDC office.
8. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK OR TWITTER: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter and release them from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and not to Facebook or Twitter, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
10. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation is not responsible for any technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
12. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Gift Guide, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation, 53 W. South St., Carlisle, PA 17013. A full list will be available on January 6, 2017.