If you are feeling the effects of cabin fever get outside this winter for some fun in the snow! I don't love being cold... but if you bundle up enough these outdoor activities can be a lot of fun and help get rid of those winter blues. Here's my top 5 suggestions in Cumberland Valley PA.
- Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding at Roundtop Mountain Resort - I'm not the biggest fan of the winter months but I do love skiing! Hit the slopes on skis or a snowboard, and if you're just starting out you can take lessons. If that's too adventurous for you they also offer snow tubing and lots of hot chocolate.
- Cross-Country Skiing at Pine Grove Furnace State Park - If you prefer to ski a little slower to enjoy the view you'll love cross-country skiing at this picturesque state park. Bring the whole family! Pine Grove also offers ice-fishing and snowmobiling.
- Ice-Skating at Doubling Gap Lake - Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of ice-skating on this scenic lake located in Colonel Denning State Park. You can also cross-country ski at Colonel Denning.
- Winter Hikes at Kings Gap Environmental Education Center - Hiking isn't just for the warm months! Take in the beauty of the winter season with a hike at Kings Gap. If you don't feel like hiking alone join in on one of their special hikes, like the Stressbuster Hike on Feb. 10th.
- Winter Stroll in Boiling Springs - If you just need to be out of the house for a little bit enjoy a walk around Children's Lake. It might be chilly but the town is very pretty when there is a little snow cover. Check out the picture above! If you start feeling ambitious visit the Appalachian Trail Conservancy for a map and enjoy a winter day hike on this famous trail!
Share your suggestions for outdoor winter fun in the comments!