Cumberland Valley's collection of Bed & Breakfasts offer the best of town and country. All are eager to recommend their favorite spots to eat while you're in town and on top of that, they provide delicious breakfast items that will have you begging for their recipes.
See our suggestions below for a town or country B&B getaway, complete with restaurant recommendations right from the innkeepers...and a few recipes!
The Carlisle House B&B is located right in downtown Carlisle. This award-winning property is the only Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America inn in the Cumberland Valley. The B&B offers 10 luxurious rooms and offers a balance of historic charm and updated amenities.
Owners, Carolyn and Tim Carlisle recommend a variety of restaurants to their guests. As Carolyn shares, "Here are some of our favorites, but with so many really good restaurants here in Carlisle, it is hard to have favorites!"
Within walking distance they recommend:
- 1794 the Whiskey Rebellion - modern but rustic steak and seafood restaurant
- Brick Kitchen & Bar - seasonal menu of sandwiches, salads, small plates and large plates
- Mt. Fuji - sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine
For those looking to explore a little farther out in the Valley they recommend:
- Masala Bistro - ethnic Indian cuisine in Camp Hill
- Hellenic Kouzina - traditional Greek cuisine in Mechanicsburg
30 Timber Road B&B offers gracious hospitality, pampering and comfort on 14 serene and secluded acres. This B&B has all the modern amenities you're looking for including comfortable king-size beds, flat-screen TVs, private bathrooms each with a whirlpool tub, and free WiFi. It is close to great outdoor recreation like fly-fishing, kayaking, and hiking, but is still near a variety of restaurants and attractions.
Innkeepers Dee & Chuck recommend the following while staying at their B&B:
- Boiling Springs Tavern - fine dining in an historic building across from Children's Lake
- Brick Kitchen & Bar - unique drinks and seasonal menu in downtown Carlisle
- Cafe Bruges - the taste of Belgium in downtown Carlisle with a wide range of beers
- Hellenic Kouzina - traditional Greek cuisine in downtown Mechanicsburg