Cumberland Valley's collection of Bed & Breakfasts offer the best of town and country. All are eager to recommend their favorite spots to eat while you're in town and on top of that, they provide delicious breakfast items that will have you begging for their recipes.
See our suggestions below for a town or country B&B getaway, complete with restaurant recommendations right from the innkeepers...and a few recipes!
The Carlisle House B&B is located right in downtown Carlisle. This award-winning property is the only Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America inn in the Cumberland Valley. The B&B offers 10 luxurious rooms and offers a balance of historic charm and updated amenities.
Owners, Carolyn and Tim Carlisle recommend a variety of restaurants to their guests. As Carolyn shares, "Here are some of our favorites, but with so many really good restaurants here in Carlisle, it is hard to have favorites!"
Within walking distance they recommend:
- 1794 the Whiskey Rebellion - modern but rustic steak and seafood restaurant
- Brick Kitchen & Bar - seasonal menu of sandwiches, salads, small plates and large plates
- Andalusia - Spanish and Moroccan cuisine featuring tapas and traditional dishes
- Mt. Fuji - sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine
For those looking to explore a little farther out in the Valley they recommend:
- Masala Bistro - ethnic Indian cuisine in Camp Hill
- Hellenic Kouzina - traditional Greek cuisine in Mechanicsburg
Colonial Crossroads B&B is located in scenic Mechanicsburg and will transport you back in time to the 1700's when this historic tavern was built. While this B&B has all the modern amenities you're looking for, you'll still find primitive antiques, hardwood plank floors and fireplaces. It is close to great outdoor recreation like fly-fishing, kayaking and skiing, but is still near a variety of restaurants and attractions.
Owners Ed & Barb Gordon recommend the following while staying at their B&B:
- T.J. Rockwells - local favorite for classic American cuisine
- The Pizza Grille - large list of specialty pizzas, pasta, sandwiches and more
- RockBass Grill - casual, fine dining steak and seafood restaurant along the Susquehanna River
- Hellenic Kouzina - traditional Greek cuisine