Find scenic touring roads through rolling farmland, mountaintop vistas, historic downtowns and military history.
We've provided a list of customized motorcycle road trips, which start in Maryland, to help get you from the start of your journey to Cumberland Valley PA and then to all of the regional attractions in between. You'll find hidden gems, major attractions, special tips and dining recommendations along the way. With specialized maps and routes, all you'll need to do is Enjoy the Ride.
How to Enjoy the Ride on Your Motorcycle
- Pick your Maryland starting location.
- Pick the ride that best suits your interests.
- Find special deals and packages and book your room.
- Pick day trip itineraries to enjoy during your stay.
- Fire up the bike, slide on your shades and enjoy riding through some of the most beautiful natural scenery in America.
Rides from Baltimore, MD
Big Green Run - The long, winding route will skip over major highways and route you through two scenic state parks.
Rides from Cockeysville, MD
- Michaux Forest Run - This route glides through the 90,000-acre Michaux State Forest. Stops include the National Apple Museum, two state parks and a biker-friendly bar and grille.
- Codorus Run - This mix of forest and farmland includes surprising extras like an UTZ chip factory tour, motor racing history and dinner on an outdoor deck among the cornfields.
Rides from Frederick, MD
- Orchard Run - Cruise through the heart of "Apple Country" while enjoying fresh-picked fruits, tours and a winery.
- Michaux Forest Run - This shady run will wind you through three state parks and up, up, up to a mountaintop vista. No hiking required!
- Gettysburg Back Roads - Discover the Historic Battle of Gettysburg and National Military Park. Focusing on back roads, traffic will be history.
- The Harley Experience - Harley lovers will not want to miss this trip, featuring a tour of the Harley-Davidson Manufacturing Plant in York, PA.
- The Gearhead Tour - If your love of motors extends beyond two wheels, visit sites like the Antique Automobile Club of America, The Rolls Royce Museum and the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing.
- Step Back in Time - Uncover Civil War history and unique stories - in Cumberland Valley! Stops include the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center, the National Civil War Museum and the northern most Confederate monument.
- AgriCULTURE - Fill your day with wineries, fruit stands and rolling farmland, and your senses with sweet smells and juicy flavors!
- The Great Outdoors - Leave the city behind and retreat into Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Find the Appalachian Trail Museum, two scenic lakes and miles and miles of tree-lined back roads.
- Local History - Explore Pennsylvania history with stops at the Cumberland County Historical Society, PA National Fire Museum, State Museum of Pennsylvania and the stunning Pennsylvania Capital building!
- A Day in Gettysburg - What you do with your day in historic Gettysburg is up to you! We recommend a scenic drive - you explore.
- Zoos and Wildlife - Did you bring a little one with you? They'll love this trip, which includes Wildwood Lake Sanctuary and ZooAmerica.
- Lancaster Family Fun - This eclectic journey includes farm mazes, Amish culture and great outlet shopping.