Father’s Day is fast approaching! Whether it’s a small token of appreciation or an elaborate gift, it’s time once again to start thinking about ways to celebrate the dads in your life.
Father’s Day is June 18th this year and we’ve got a few interesting gift ideas that you can find in the Cumberland Valley.
Contest details are below.
Saturday, June 10: YETI Drinkware at TCO Outdoors
YETI products have a reputation of being engineered to keep your food or beverage cold as ice or piping warm, however you desire it. TCO Outdoors in Boiling Springs offers a number of YETI products, including their rambler drinkware, designed with 18/8 Stainless Steel and a double-wall vacuum insulation. And…they even have special Father’s Day containers, including this 20 oz. Tumbler, priced at $39.99.
Like, share or comment on this post on our Facebook page only on Saturday, June 10th to win the 20 oz. Father’s Day Tumbler.
Sunday, June 11: Allett RFID ID Wallet at the greatest gift
Every man needs a nice wallet, and with growing concerns about identity theft, the RFID Wallet made by Allett, protects your information in a secure and stylish manner. The lightweight wallet is a great gift for a dad on the move. This wallet is available at the greatest gift in Carlisle for $52.00.
Like, share or comment on this post on our Facebook page only on Sunday, June 11th for a chance to win an Allet RFID ID Wallet.
Monday, June 12: Bicycle Sea Creature Playing Cards
Classic card games like Texas Hold ‘Em can be thrilling, but there’s always been something a little boring about a plain deck of cards. Brain Vessel in Mechanicsburg offers a new twist on cards. These Bicycle branded cards have intricate designs, features and themes like The Seven Seas, Captains Deck, The Pirate Deck, and Sea Creatures. The Sea Creatures set can be purchased for $20.
Like, share or comment on this post on our Facebook page only on Monday, June 12th for a chance to win a set of the Bicycle Sea Creature Playing Cards.
Tuesday, June 13: Meat from Warrington Farms
Looking for something for a dad who loves to cook, or might be a carnivore? Warrington Farm Meats in Dillsburg serves up all-natural, farm-raised meats. You can find steak, burgers, pork, chicken, turkey, sausage, smoked meats, and spices in their store.
For Tuesday, June 13th, we’re giving away Beef Jerky, Apple Cinnamon Jerky, and Bourbon Black Pepper Snack Sticks from Warrington Farms. To enter, just like, share or comment on this post on our Facebook page.
Wednesday, June 14: Cumberland Valley Beer Trail
This is for the beer-loving father that you know! The Cumberland Valley Beer Trail currently has 14 stops along the way, so why not pick-up a passport and take dad on a trip along the trail? Find locally-crafted brews and imported rarities. Be sure to collect stickers for each spot. On Wednesday, June 14th, we’re giving away a $10 gift certificate to each spot on the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail. That’s $140 in gift certificates!
Like, share or comment on this post on our Facebook page only on Wednesday, June 14th to win a Cumberland Valley Beer Trail Experience, which includes $140 of gift certificates.
(We highly encourage drinking responsibly while participating in the Beer Trail).
Every day from Saturday, June 10, 2017 through Wednesday, June 14, 2017, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (CAEDC) will be giving away one prize per day on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook page. Each prize will be a showcased gift that visitors can purchase at locations in the Cumberland Valley.
To enter on Facebook:
· Like the post about the gift/prize
· Comment on the post about the gift/prize
· Share the post about the gift/prize
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by liking, sharing, and commenting on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook page’s post on the daily prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (along with its volunteers and Board members) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. Only one entry per social media account is eligible per day.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected for each post within two business days of the entry. Winners will be randomly selected from a list of followers who shared, liked, or commented
4. PRIZES: There will be one prize and one winner per day. The prizes may range in value from $1 - $200.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Employees of the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation will attempt to contact the winner of the daily prize within five business days of the winning day. If there is no response within 48 hours of the initial contact, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit their names in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation.
b. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. ACCEPTING THE PRIZE: Once winners are selected, there are two ways to receive their prize.
a. If the winner lives within 40 miles of the CAEDC office, it will be the responsibility of the individual to pick-up the item at the CAEDC office at 53 W. South St., Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013. Prizes can be collected Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30 pm. There will be select days where award winners can pick-up their prizes at evening times. Each winner will need to coordinate a time with Aaron Jumper (firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-240-7185) to pick-up their prize. All prizes must be picked-up by noon on Friday, June 16, 2017.
b. If the winner lives beyond 40 miles away, CAEDC will ship the prize to the winner’s home or location of their choosing. Winners from beyond 40 miles may also choose to pick-up their prize at the CAEDC office.
8. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release them from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and not to Facebook and will be used to notify you if you have won.
10. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation is not responsible for any technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
12. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Gift Guide, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation, 53 W. South St., Carlisle, PA 17013. A full list will be available on June 20, 2017.