Every third Sunday in June is the day we declare Father's Day. On this day, we show our appreciation for our fathers with gifts and adulation unlike any other day. To make finding gifts for dear dad easier, we've created a Cumberland Valley Father's Day Gift Guide to find gifts that are perfect for dad AND we'll be giving them away each day, beginning on June 11, 2016. Enter on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Father's Day Gift Guide
Saturday, June 11: Rich Valley Golf
Does dad love to spend his weekends hitting the green? Get him a gift certificate to one of the Cumberland Valley's finest golf courses, Rich Valley Golf, located in Mechanicsburg. Not only can he enjoy 18 holes, he can bring the family for mini-golf and enjoy dinner at Nolo's Restaurant & Bar. Enter to win a $50 Gift Certificate to Rich Valley on Saturday, June 11th.
Won By Sarah Bowermaster on Facebook
Sunday: June 12: Carlisle Events & 1794 Whiskey Rebellion
Give dad the ultimate Carlisle car show and dining experience with a 2016 season pass to Carlisle Events and a gift certificate to 1794 Whiskey Rebellion. There's still plenty of action left at the Carlisle Fairgrounds this year, including the GM Nationals, Chrysler Nationals, Truck Nationals, Corvettes at Carlisle and Fall Carlisle. Top off an exhilarating car show weekend with one of Carlisle's premier restaurants at 1794. Enter to win two season passes for Carlisle Events and a $50 Gift Certificate to 1794 Whiskey Rebellion on Sunday, June 12th.
Won By Dustin Brownawell on Twitter
Monday: June 13: BBQ Pack
Do you know a dad who loves to fire up the grill and cook with different seasoning and sauces? This gift is for him! Included in this set is a Grilling Plank and Philadelphia Phillies Spatula from the Kitchen Shoppe, Garlic and Spice Sauces from Torchbearer Sauces (which you can pick up at Farmers on the Square in Carlisle), and Montreal and Chipotle & Honey Seasoning from Calicutts Spice Co. Enter to win this gift pack on Monday, June 13th on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Won By Edwin Miller on Facebook
Tuesday: June 14: Autobahn Speedway & Roundtop Mountain Resort
These gifts are for dads who love thrills! Get your engine ready at Autobahn Indoor Speedway, the largest indoor go-karting facility in Pennsylvania, where the cars go up to 50 MPH. If that's not enough, dad can strategize and make his move on the field during Paintball at Roundtop Mountain Resort. Dad will love either of these two prizes and by entering our daily Gift Guide, you could win a gift certificate to Autobahn Speedway and two free passes at Roundtop to paintball!
Won By Megan Safko on Facebook
Wednesday: June 15: Fly-Fishing Rod from TCO Fly Shop
Does dad love to spend time reeling in fish? Because this gift is for the fisherman! TCO Fly Shop in Boiling Springs sits by the beautiful Children's Lake and the area happens to be a favorite of fly-fisherman. TCO Fly Shop is your one-stop shop for fishing and hiking gifts, including a fishing rods and classes. Enter today's Gift Guide on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for your chance to win an Orvis Encounter Fly-Fishing Rod, valued at $170.
Won By Lauren Kelly on Facebook
Thursday: June 16: Harrisburg Senators and Susquehanna Outfitters
Take dad on adventure to Wormleysburg and City Island with day trip with dad. Head out on the water on a kayak or canoe with the nearby Susquehanna River, or take a shuttle to another Cumberland Valley stream with Susquehanna Outfitters. After some time on the river, catch a baseball game at FNB Field with the AA affiliates of the Washington Nationals, the Harrisburg Senators. The Senators have nightly promotions and one of the most unique fields in baseball. Enter the Gift Guide Contest on June 16th for your chance to win two tickets to a future Senators game and a gift certificate to Susquehanna Outfitters.
Won By Crystal Stine on Twitter
Every day from Saturday, June 11, 2016 through June 16, 2016, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (CAEDC) will be giving away one prize per day on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page. Each prize will be a showcased gift that visitors can purchase at locations in the Cumberland Valley.
· Like the post about the gift/prize
· Comment on the post about the gift/prize
· Share the post about the gift/prize
· Retweet the post about the prize/gift
To enter on Instagram
Like and comment on each day's photo
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by liking, sharing, and commenting on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook page’s post on the daily prize, liking and commenting on Instagram and/or by retweeting the post on Twitter.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (along with its volunteers and Board members) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. Only one entry per social media account is eligible per day.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected for each post within two business days of the entry. Winners will be randomly selected from a list of followers who shared, liked, commented, and retweeted the post.
4. PRIZES: There will be one prize and one winner per day. The prizes may range in value from $1 - $200.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Employees of the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation will attempt to contact the winner of the daily prize within five business days of the winning day. If there is no response within 48 hours of the initial contact, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
a. Participants hereby grant the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit their names in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation.
b. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. ACCEPTING THE PRIZE: Once winners are selected, there are two ways to receive their prize.
a. If the winner lives within 40 miles of the CAEDC office, it will be the responsibility of the individual to pick-up the item at the CAEDC office at 53 W. South St., Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013. Prizes can be collected Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30 pm. There will be select days where award winners can pick-up their prizes at evening times. Each winner will need to coordinate a time with Aaron Jumper (email@example.com or 717-240-7185) to pick-up their prize. All prizes must be picked-up by noon on Friday, June 17, 2016.
b. If the winner lives beyond 40 miles away, CAEDC will ship the prize to the winner’s home or location of their choosing. Winners from beyond 40 miles may also choose to pick-up their prize at the CAEDC office.
8. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter and release them from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and not to Facebook or Twitter, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
10. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation is not responsible for any technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
12. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Gift Guide, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation, 53 W. South St., Carlisle, PA 17013. A full list will be available on June 20, 2016.