Shopping for someone who loves spending time outdoors? We’ve got a great gift box for them to enjoy for their outdoor adventures.
YETI Rambler from TCO Outdoors
A cold beverage makes every outdoor exploration a little easier. The YETI Ramble will “keep your drink as cold or hot as science allows” and makes for a nice on-the-go companion.
Hiking Socks from Appalachian Running Company
A pair of hiking socks will provide comfort and support for the outdoor-trek your gift recipient is headed on. Whether it’s the Appalachian Trail or a state park, a pair of hiking socks can take a traveler pretty far. These socks from Appalachian Running Company are made by Darn Tough Vermont, and if you buy the Appalachian Trail inspired socks, proceeds will be made to A.T. volunteer programs.
BugLit from Pague & Fegan Home & Hardware
This micro flashlight from Pague & Fegan Home & Hardware in Shippensburg provides a convenient light for outdoor adventures, especially those without sunlight. The light has bendable legs that allows users to wrap and twist for easy, on-the-go usage.
Hat from the Appalachian Trial Conservancy
Whether you’re blocking the sun and bugs, or protecting your head from the cold, a hat is almost a necessity on an outdoor adventure. The Appalachian Trail Conservancy in Boiling Springs offers AT branded hats for whatever trail you’re on.
Hiking Journal from American Artisan Gallery
For the hiker who wants to write notes about their journey, this journal is a nice addition.
Won by: Staci Albright
Every day from Sunday, December 1, 2018 through December 12, 2018, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (CAEDC) will be giving away one prize per day on the Cumberland Valley PA Facebook page. Each prize will be a showcased gift that visitors can purchase at locations in the Cumberland Valley.
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter on Facebook a contestant should leave a comment on the prize post (posted at 8:00 pm daily) about why they like the item, who they like to get the item for, or by tagging someone who might like the item.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation (along with its volunteers and Board members) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes. Only one entry per social media account is eligible per day.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected for each post within two business days of the entry. Winners will be randomly selected from a list of followers who commented on the post.
4. PRIZES: There will be one prize and one winner per day. The prizes may range in value from $1 - $300.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Employees of the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation will attempt to contact the winner of the daily prize within five business days of the winning day. If there is no response within 48 hours of the initial contact, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Participants hereby grant the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit their names in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation.
b. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. ACCEPTING THE PRIZE: Once winners are selected, there are two ways to receive their prize.
a. If the winner lives within 40 miles of the CAEDC office, it will be the responsibility of the individual to pick-up the item at the CAEDC office at 53 W. South St., Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013. Prizes can be collected Monday – Friday from 8am-4:30 pm. There will be select days where award winners can pick-up their prizes at evening times. Each winner will need to coordinate a time with Aaron Jumper (firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-240-7185) to pick-up their prize. All prizes must be picked-up by noon on December 19, 2018.
b. If the winner lives beyond 40 miles away, CAEDC will ship the prize to the winner’s home or location of their choosing. Winners from beyond 40 miles may also choose to pick-up their prize at the CAEDC office.
8. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
9. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release them from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
10. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation is not responsible for any technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
12. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Gift Guide, Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation, 53 W. South St., Carlisle, PA 17013. A full list will be available on January 6, 2019.