There are eight shopping days left before Christmas! No need to panic, find that perfect (last minute) gift for everyone on your list. Shop at local Cumberland Valley merchants this holiday season to find unique gifts and support your community. Here are some suggestions for the passionate collectors, nature explorers, history buffs, food & wine connoisseurs and fashionistas in your life.
For the Passionate Collector:
- Pick out a handcrafted lamp, birdhouse or vase at Meadowbrooke Gourds in Carlisle.
- Find a one-of-a-kind gift for someone special at any of the Valley's antique shops.
- Browse through artisan crafts and jewelry at the Village Artisans Gallery in Boiling Springs or American Artisan Gallery in Carlisle.
- Discover a collection of apparel, teas, coffee and jewelry at Oxford Hall Celtic Shop in New Cumberland.
For the Nature Explorer:
- Fill a nature lover's stocking with healthy and organic snacks from Appalachian Whole Foods in Carlisle and The Healthy Grocer in Camp Hill.
- Find something for your favorite fisherman at TCO Fly Shop in Boiling Springs.
- If you are friends with a skier, find the perfect gift at Mountainside Ski & Sports in Mechanicsburg or World Cup Ski & Cycle in Camp Hill.
- Know a bicyclist? Grab a gift card or bike accessory at Cole's Bicycles in Carlisle or Holmes Cycling & Fitness in Camp Hill.
For the History Buff:
- If you are shopping for a Civil War history buff, stop by Civil War and More in Mechanicsburg for books, collectibles, music, flags and even neck ties!
- Peruse the 50,000 volumes of historic books and maps at Canaday's Book Barn in Carlisle.
- Find local pottery, wood carvings, books, metalwork and reproduction photos at History on High - The Shop in Carlisle.
For the Food & Wine Connoisseur:
- Get your favorite foodie a gift certificate to a cooking class at the Cornerstone Kitchen & Cooking School in Camp Hill.
- Purchase the perfect kitchen gadget at The Kitchen Shoppe & Cooking School in Carlisle.
- Browse through the 60,000 sq. ft. West Shore Farmers Market in Lemoyne for unique food items and gifts.
- Find sweet treats at Georgie Lou's Retro Candy in Carlisle or Brittle Bark in Mechanicsburg
- Grab a bottle of wine or plan to take a friend to a tasting at Castlerigg Wine Shop, recently opened in Carlisle.
For the Fashionista:
- Find fun and trendy clothing at K. Marie & Company, the clothesVine and Miss Ruth's Time Bomb.
- Browse the upstairs boutiques at the West Shore Farmers Market for upscale clothing and accessories including Sassy, Higashi Pearls & Fine Jewelry and Susan's Treasures.
- Find more local shopping opportunities here and fill up your bags with Cumberland Valley goodies this holiday season!