The holidays are stressful enough, so whether you're hosting a whole meal or looking to impress the family with a delicious dish, learn recipes and kitchen tricks at the Valley's cooking schools.
The Kitchen Shoppe & Cooking School in Carlisle: This local favorite will have you making the best items on any holiday spread. You can also pick up a few gifts from the 20,000 items they sell at the kitchen superstore. Here are some Thanksgiving and Christmas highlights. Be sure to register early for these classes.
- Elegant Make-Ahead Holiday Dinner - Nov. 4
- Saying "Thanks" with a Pumpkin Roll - Nov. 15
- Everything but the Turkey - Nov. 19
- Christmas Nut Roll: A Master Class - Dec. 2
- Gingerbread House: Building & Decorating - Dec. 9
- Holiday Cookie Class - Dec. 17
Cooking School - Learn tricks of the trade from Chef LaPorta in the Tuscan-inspired kitchen. View a few seasonal options below.
- Thanksgiving Boot Camp - Nov. 9
- Holiday Party Appetizers - Dec. 6
- Night Before New Year's Eve - Dec. 30
Cooking School at Camp Hill Giant - The Giant Food Store location in Camp Hill has a cooking school offering a variety of classes, including a number of options for hands-on children's classes.
- Pumpkin Roll - Nov. 4 (ages 9 to 15)
- Holiday Desserts - Nov. 5 (ages 16 to adult)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies - Nov. 12 (ages 5 to 9)
- Fun Holiday Treats - Dec. 9 (ages 6 to 12)
- Gingerbread Houses - Dec. 16 & 17
If you are looking for something a little bit different, check out the youth and adult chocolatier classes offered by Brittle Bark.