Experience a weekend mountain biking adventure through majestic Michaux State Forest with Sacred Rides Michaux. Within easy driving distance of Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, you can immerse yourself in the scenery and wildlife of one of Pennsylvania’s largest state forests with a two-day package that offers a super fun weekend of epic single-track riding customized based on your ability and fitness level.
What Can You Expect?
The first day includes introductions and instructions, riding for approximately 2.5 hours in the morning, a savory trailside lunch, an additional afternoon ride, healthy post-ride snacks and beverages, and check-in to your accommodations.
Your second day of adventure begins after breakfast with a morning ride followed by a delicious trailside lunch. You will end your trip with post-ride snacks and beverages, having completed 30 miles with about a 3,000-foot vertical ascent.
Lodging options include a hostel at Pine Grove Furnace State Park, a local B&B, or camping at the park.
Tips and Suggestions
- Rides are scheduled from April through November.
- You are encouraged to bring your own bike (full-suspension is ideal) but renting a bike from Sacred Rides is an add-on option. If you are renting and would prefer to use your own pedals and/or saddle, bring them with you and the guides from Sacred Rides will have the tools on hand to switch them out.
- Your guides will have a full tool kit, but it’s a good idea to bring the following items in case of trailside breakdowns:
- multitool (preferably with chain breaker)
- tire levers
- a small bottle of chain lube
- tire pump
- suspension pump
- Although there are usually parts available locally if you bring your bike, it is suggested that you also bring the following with you to avoid problems in case of broken parts:
- Rear derailleur hanger (These are specific to each bike/bike brand, so the right one can often be hard to find at bike shops.)
- 1 or 2 spare tubes (The guides can't realistically carry enough 26", 27.5", and 29" tubes for everyone.)
- Any rare parts that might be hard to find locally (Shimano and SRAM are generally available in all our locations, but Magura levers, for instance, might not be available everywhere.)
Extend Your Stay
After experiencing some of the finest trails in Cumberland Valley, plan to extend your stay and uncover the exciting, historic, charming and authentic experiences that Cumberland Valley has to offer. From local museums and farmers’ markets to craft breweries and palate-pleasing cuisine, Cumberland Valley is your Weekend Easy destination where you can escape from the daily stress of life to focus on the “want-to's” rather than the “have-to's”. We hope to see you soon!