Some weeks are hard. Weekends should be easy. You deserve to get away from what you have to do so you can focus on what you want to do. With no shortage of year-round choices, Cumberland Valley is the perfect destination to plan your Weekend Easy getaway.
- View the budding trees with a stroll around picturesque Children’s Lake or a hike along the Cumberland Valley Rail Trail.
- Plan a bird-watching journey to our parks to see a number of different species including songbirds, fishing birds, sparrows, woodpeckers, and warblers.
- Attend Spring Carlisle which marks the beginning of the Carlisle-based car show and swap meet season. It has been named as one of the top 5 automotive swap meets in the world.
- The beginning of spring marks the start of trout season and Cumberland Valley’s famous fly-fishing streams include the Yellow Breeches, LeTort Spring Run, and Big Spring Creek. Our pristine waters are a rare gem.
Highlighted Events: Amani Festival, Greek Fest
- Cumberland Valley’s breathtaking views and scenic vistas are on full display during the summer months. Find a relaxing respite with an abundance of hiking opportunities along our more than 200 miles of trails.
- Cumberland Valley may be land-locked but there are still plenty of opportunities to get out on the water. Pack your bathing suit and sunscreen so you can swim, canoe, kayak, or tube on our serene lakes or along our scenic streams.
- Go old school and enjoy an evening of entertainment at the Cumberland Drive-In, one of only about 330 drive-in theatres remaining in America.
- There is no better season to shop for fresh foods and farm products in Cumberland Valley. Browse roadside stands, markets, and greenhouses as you travel our quiet country roads.
Highlighted Events: Foundry Day, Bluegrass on the Grass, Corn Festival
Read More: Inexpensive Things to Do This Summer
- Waggoner’s Gap Hawk Watch is a premier location for watching the fall raptor migration along the Kittatinny Ridge. Bring a picnic and enjoy a meal with one of the best views of Cumberland Valley.
- Mid-to-late October sees peak color in the Cumberland Valley. Our Instagram-Worthy fall foliage driving tour takes you from our downtowns to the natural beauty right on our doorstep.
- Fall means festival season is in full swing with celebrations of tea, apples, art and American crafts, pumpkins, sunflowers, and more.
- Cumberland Valley’s picturesque and walkable downtowns are the crossroads for art, fashion, food, and history. With a diverse collection of galleries, specialty shops, restaurants, and museums, fall is the perfect time to meander and discover hidden gems.
Highlighted Events: Uprise Fest, Pennsboro Pumpkin Festival, Fall Furnace Fest
Read More: Inexpensive Things to Do This Fall; Fall Getaways
- The magic of Christmas comes alive, and to the stage, in the Cumberland Valley with a variety of special holiday performances guaranteed to put you in the holiday spirit.
- Being inside doesn’t have to be boring. Come experience the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail with specialty tastings, live music, entertainment, and unique pairings. Enjoy a fun evening out with family or friends at Grand Illusion Hard Cider's two new escape rooms.
- Learn something new with a skiing or snowboarding lesson at Roundtop Mountain Resort.
- Cumberland Valley's diverse collection of galleries and specialty shops located throughout our picturesque and walkable downtowns will turn holiday shopping from a chore to a pleasure.
Highlighted Events: Ice Art Fest, First Day Hike, Carlisle’s Wonderland Weekend
Read More: Inexpensive Things to Do This Winter