2021 Harrisburg Book Festival
- Dates: October 6, 2021 - October 10, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Midtown Scholar Bookstore
- Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
This October, the Midtown Scholar Bookstore is proud to host the 9th Annual Harrisburg Book Festival from October 6th – 10th. Featuring an outdoor tent sale, in-store browsing hours, and virtual events with award-winning authors, the book festival aims to amplify and promote literature for all ages, and to build a community of readers, writers, and life-long learners in our city.
For more information on the book festival, visit www.hbgbookfest.com.
• Outdoor Tent Sale with over 10,000+ books priced at $1, $2, $3, + up from 10/6-10/10, 10am - 6pm
• In-Store bookstore-care hours from 10/6-10/10, 10am - 6pm
• Virtual events with award-winning authors from 10/5 - 10/10
Virtual event highlights include:
• Renowned meditation teachers Sharon Salzberg and Kate Johnson discuss the importance of friendship and self-compassion
• Two-time Pulitzer nominee Howard French tells the history of Africa from 1471-World War II
• The writers of Atlas Obscura chat about what people eat and drink across all seven continents
• Award-winning historian Keisha Blain discusses Frannie Lou Hamer's ideas and political strategies, highlighting their relevance for tackling modern social issues including voter suppression, police violence, and economic inequality.
• New York Times bestselling author TJ Klune reads + discusses his new LGBTQ novel with internationally celebrated yoga teacher Kathryn Budig
The Harrisburg Book Festival would not be possible without the generosity of our wonderful sponsors and community partners. Across Central Pennsylvania, these media organizations, businesses, and universities have demonstrated their commitment to — and support of — reading and the literary arts. Thank you to the following organization and businesses!
- Messiah University School of Arts, Culture, and Society
- Bowers Writers House at Elizabethtown College
- AAUW Harrisburg
- Susquehanna University Department of English and Creative Writing