Agriculture Day & Farmer's Fair
Ongoing during Ag Day Farmers Fair in the Tavern Courtyard:
– Apple cider making: This is a kid-friendly event. Apples will be ground on a hand-cranked apple press producing cider from a variety of apples
– Corn shelling: This is a kid-friendly event. Kids can participate in removing the kernels from the cobs of corn.
– A variety of farm animals will be in the open grassy areas south of the orchard
– Grain processing will be demonstrated on the floor of the barn
– On the hour at 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM, and 12 PM – Sheep Shearing demonstrations by Rowan Tree Farm and Center Cut Company
– 9:30 AM and 12:30 PM – Goat Milking demonstration by Bouncing Goat Soaps
– 10:30 AM – A Bee Keeping Demonstration and discussion will occur in the Farmer's Market area
The demonstration distillery will be open during the morning hours with a display of apple brandy and whiskey making.
This is a free event and activities are available for the entire family.