Annual Newville Fountain Festival
Celebrating 25 years of Fountain Festival fun.
Friday, June 17, 2022
- Streets are closed at 2:00 PM and vendors begin to arrive.
- The food court opens at 4:00 PM
- Porch Decorating Contest winners announced at 6:00 PM
- Trivia Contest – 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM Borough Council v. Big Spring Kiwanis
- Shippensburg Swing Band, 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- The parade forms at 6:00 PM on Broad Street, and the parade will start at 7:00 PM. This year's Grand Marshall will be Carolyn Kough. Invited judges: W. Irvin Nelson, Joey Diehl, and Bob Kanc.
- Newville Slide Show Presentation by Historian Bob Over, 8:30 PM at Ingram Hall, Zion Lutheran Church
- Tractor Twang Line Dance from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- The Festival closes at 10:00 PM
Saturday, June 18, 2022
Friendship Hose Company Breakfast, 8 AM to 10 AM
5k Run at 9 AM
Baking Contest, Judging, and Auction at 9 AM sponsored by the Big Spring Senior Center
Tractor and Farm Equipment Show on Parsonage St, 10 AM to 2 PM
Friends of the John Graham Library Book sale all day on the library grounds
Walking tours of Big Spring Presbyterian Church Cemetery at 10 AM & 11 AM
Duck Derby at the fountain, 11 AM for children 4-12 years old
Invited Civil War Re-enactors "The Bucktails" encampment at 1 Parsonage Street
Pony Rides on Heller Street by Winsome Farms
Tours of the Green Ridge Train Museum from 10 AM to 2 PM with a courtesy shuttle bus provided by Presbyterian Homes
Mr. Mike's Dinosaur Show, 11 AM on Parsonage Street sponsored by the Big Spring Kiwanis
Red 101 DJ throughout the day; LIVE MUSIC from Noon to 3 PM by the Klinger McFry Band
Food, craft, and public service vendors on Parsonage Street, West Street, and W. Big Spring Avenue
Festival contest winners announced at 2:30 PM, the festival will close at 3:00 PM.