"Beach and Board Walk Treats" Young Chocolatier Series (ages 7-11)
Can’t go to the beach this summer? Come to Brittle Bark and learn how to make some yummy boardwalk treats! We’ll be making decadent chocolate covered popcorn with candy toppings, a mini caramel apple dipped in chocolate, chocolate covered gummy fish kabob, and our own version of chocolate covered “French fries”. A fun class with lots of take-home treats that won’t last long!!
Learn about chocolate and how to hand make your personal creations to give as gifts to friends, family, or yourself! Each 1 hour class will focus on 1 specific project where 1-2 techniques used by a chocolatier will be taught and used to make 1 or more specific chocolate treats based on the class.
Skills that will be learned and perfected during each class include learning how to:
• Melt milk, dark and white chocolate
• Experiment with coloring white chocolate and creating “special effects”
• Learn how to incorporate flavorings into chocolate (for example, raspberry, peppermint...)
• Use chocolate molds to make chocolate pieces
• Use a dipping fork to dip pretzels and cookies in chocolate and add toppings (such as mini chocolate chips, crushed toffee, sprinkles and more!)
• Design gift packaging for your chocolate creations All supplies, ingredients and gift-packaging materials are provided. Please bring a clean washable shirt to wear over your clothes.
Class size is limited – call to register: 717-697-6950