Fundamentals of Photography
- Dates: October 20, 2020 - November 24, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Tuesday
- Location: Virtual via Zoom
- Time: 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Price: $90 non-member; $80 member
Teacher: Dennis Baker
October 20, 27; November 3, 10, 17, 24
Time: 6:30-8 pm.
Cost: $80 ($90 non-member)
This class addresses the basic techniques required to create pleasing photographs with a digital DSLR-style camera. It is intended for individuals who are new to photography as well as experienced photographers who simply want to consistently create better photographs. The instructor is familiar with many different types of cameras and will work with you to help you understand YOUR camera.
By taking this class you will learn how to:
- Handle your camera properly so your pictures are sharp (when you want them to be).
- Use your camera's different exposure modes (shutter priority, aperture priority, manual exposure) to achieve properly exposed pictures—under any lighting conditions.
- Use your camera's different focusing settings to accurately focus on both stationary and moving subjects.
- Use different focal length lenses to achieve different "looks."
- Compose a photograph so that it looks "dynamically balanced."
- Adjust the camera's shutter speed and the lens aperture for creative effects.
You can take this class from the comfort and safety of your home; access Zoom from your phone, tablet, laptop, or computer. If you have questions about the class or about using Zoom, please contact instructor: Dennis@DennisBakerPhoto.com.