Kick-off your gardening season at Garden Faire and celebrate the opening of Fort Hunter Mansion. Purchase some plants, try your hand at croquet, explore the craft show, dance a Maypole dance, try on a Victorian outfit and have a scrumptious lunch. Returning this year, the cultured game of croquet will be demonstrated in the barn green.
Visit 45 craft vendors and the Friends of Fort Hunter Plant Sale. And of course, there's tasty food available for purchase, Ikebana and Bonsai exhibits, Maypole dances, Victorian music, and cakewalks, as well as The Paxtang Art Association's show and sale. Fort Hunter Mansion tours will include viewing the Needle Arts Exhibit. Many thanks to the Pennsylvania Bakery for donating the favorite Teapot Cake for the cakewalk.
Schedule of Events
Throughout the day, visitors can enjoy:
- Food Stand
- Dirt Therapy
- Needle Arts Exhibit
- Bees, Natives and Rain Gardens
- Friends Plant Sale
- Ikebana International and Bonsai exhibits
- Paxtang Art Show and Sale
- Mansion tours
- Victorian displays
Other events include:
- Garden chats 12-2 p.m.
- Children's activities 12-4 p.m.
- Victorian Dance Ensemble & Susquehanna Travellers 12 & 1:30 p.m.
- Cakewalks 12:30 & 2 p.m.
- Cemetery Walk with Dr. Donald Koones 1 p.m.
- Croquet Demonstration 2:30 p.m.
- Maypole Dance 1 & 2:15 p.m.