"Gourmet Carnival Treats" Teen Chocolatier Series (ages 12-16)
Learn how to make 2 popular carnival themed treats: Chocolate candy popcorn and caramel apples. Teens will learn how to create gourmet chocolate covered popcorn using freshly popped natural popcorn, milk chocolate, and assorted inclusions to create a one-of-a kind summer treat; they will package their gourmet treat for take-home sharing. Next, each teen will make a gourmet caramel apple and will dip it in different chocolates for a fun look. Each apple will then be decorated with handmade chocolate pieces made using a variety of flower & critter molds .
During the 1 ½ hour class students will learn how to:
• Melt milk, dark, white and colored chocolate
• Learn the proper method to melt caramel, prepare an apple for dipping, and then dip it in preparation for adding chocolate and candy decorations.
• Experiment with coloring white chocolate to create a colored chocolate
• Learn the techniques we use to dip an apple in 2 different colors of chocolate to create a custom look
• Learn how to decorate tiny mold cavities using a tooth pick and then use as a decoration on their chocolate-caramel apple. They will finish their piece using a pastry bag to add additional color for their work of art!
Class size is limited – call to register: 717-697-6950