"Gourmet Chocolate Smores" Young Chocolatier Series (ages 7-11)
Here's a new twist on a popular favorite! Create a collection of 4 gourmet smores using assorted crackers/cookies and interesting fillings plus marshmallow to create a gourmet “sandwich” with interesting flavors. Make spring-themed molded chocolate pieces for decorations on the finished smores. Learn to dip in milk, dark or white chocolate using a dipping fork, and decorate the finished smores with chocolate pieces and colored chocolate drizzle using a pastry bag to create an artisan sweet treat!
• Learn about different types of chocolate (tempered, compound, baking chips)
• Learn about temperature for chocolate: melting, warming, cooling
• Experiment with coloring white chocolate and creating “special effects” as decoration on a smore
• Dip different shapes and sizes of smores using a dipping fork
• Learn how to hold a pastry bag filled with chocolate and use it to create small chocolate pieces to use as decoration on the top of each smore
• Package all 4 chocolate smores as individual take-home gifts.
Class size is limited – call to register: 717-697-6950