The 26th annual Fountain Festival takes place in historic Newville on June 16 and 17. The free, family-friendly event includes food and craft vendors, a parade, kids' activities, live music, and more.
Friday, 4 PM to 10 PM
- The food court opens at 4 pm.
- The parade forms at 6 pm on Broad Street and will begin at 7 pm.
- Line Dance from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- The Festival closes at 10 pm.
Saturday, 8 AM to 3 PM
- Friendship Hose Company Breakfast from 8 am to 10 am.
- 5k Run at 9 am.
- Baking Contest to benefit Paw Packs. Judging and Auction at 9 am sponsored by the Big Spring Senior Center.
- Friends of the John Graham Library Book sale all day at the library grounds.
- Historic horse-drawn wagon tours by Newville Historical Society all day.
- Petting Zoo and Kids' Alley games all day.
- Tours of the Green Ridge Train Museum from 10 am to 2 pm with a courtesy shuttle bus provided by Presbyterian Homes.
- Mr. Mike’s Dinosaur Show, 11 am on Parsonage Street, sponsored by the Big Spring Kiwanis
- Red 101 DJ throughout the day
- Food, craft and public service vendors on Parsonage Street, West Street, and W. Big Spring Avenue.
- Festival contest winners announced at 2:30 pm
- The festival will close at 3:00 pm.