Read, Learn, Grow at Hollabaugh's
Read, Learn, Grow will continue this year! We are excited to still be able to offer this program and are taking steps to ensure that all parents, children, and HBI staff stay healthy and have a great summer!
Here is what is changing:
- Registration will now be required for each session (Click here to register)! In order to keep our sessions in compliance with recommended maximum gatherings, we must know if you are coming or not. We require that this year you to limit it to just the children who are participating and just 1 adult per family.
- Be prepared to be outside even more! We all know that fresh air is the best air. As long as weather permits, we will try to hold the entire program outside. This means that you may want to bring those sun hats and maybe have your kids wear pants so the grass doesn't itch their legs if we do storytime in the grass.
- No snack. In order to keep everyone healthy, we are not offering snacks this year.
- Please make sure that you are very respectful of every family that is here! With Adams County currently in the Yellow Phase, masks are still required for anyone over 2 years old. We ask that you respect the requirement so that our farm and market can continue to operate and serve you.
Check out our tentative topic lineup*.
- June 10th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Bad Bugs
- June 17th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Dairy
- June 24th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Tractors
- July 1st 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Veggies
- July 8th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Blueberries
- July 15th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Bees
- July 22nd 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Peaches
- July 29th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Potatoes
- August 5th 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Apples
*Topics are subject to change based on crop availability and the weather. No notice will be posted if the topic changes.
Get the kids out of the house this summer for a fun time on the farm! Kids who participate in our Read, Learn, Grow hour-long program will enjoy storytime each Wednesday morning at 9:00 or 10:30 to read a book about farming, fruits, veggies, insects, and more;
Immerse themselves on the farm, seeing what they learned about with their own eyes; participate in an activity and take home something special each week – from hand-picked fruit to a hand-made craft!
Other things you should know:
- This program is recommended for children, ages 3-7. If you have younger children, you’re welcome to bring them along, but we ask that you be prepared to remove them from the reading and activity areas if they become a distraction.
- We request that all parents remain on-site during the activity.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to check-in. Folks arriving late will not be permitted to join the group, so as to not interrupt the program.
The cost is $7.00/first child/session, $6/additional child/session. Registration is not required.
The event goes on rain or shine, and as part of the event, we will visit various places on the farm so please dress appropriately.