Spring Open House
Join us for our annual open house event! We will have creative displays, special guests, seminars, classes, new gardening items, and a sneak peek at new plant varieties for the upcoming season.
- Children’s Craft Station, 11-3pm: Each child will be able to plant a jiffy peat pellet with a vegetable seed. FREE!
- Let’s talk about Pollinators, 11am: Meghan Deiter, vice president of Welliver Outdoors, will give an informative talk about different pollinators. The talk will also focus on Mason Bees and what you can do for them. FREE!
- New in the Nursery, 1pm: Ashcombe’s Nursery manager, Brandon, will tell you all about our new trees, shrubs, and perennials for 2018. Be sure to check out our newly expanded Nursery at the grand opening on April 7 & 8. FREE!
- Kokedama Moss Planters, 10am: Kokedama is a form of Japanese garden art. The spherical planters are formed around the roots of our plants and are coated in a sheet of moss, and secured with twine wrapping. Join Michael Larkin, to make your ownmoss planter. Preregistration and payment required. Fee: $15.00
- Children's Craft Station, 11-3pm: Each child can make their own Lady Bug Garden Rock. FREE!
- Plant a Strawberry Jar, 11-3pm: Plant your own Pansy Strawberry Jar for free. Bring your own container or purchase one here. Pansies
must be purchased here.
- New in the Nursery, 11am: Ashcombe's Nursery manager, Brandon, will tell you all about our new trees, shrubs, and perennials for 2018. FREE!
- Planning & Planting a Vegetable Garden, 1pm: Join Master Gardener Emeritus Dennis Mawhinney for a lesson on planning and planting your early spring vegetable garden. Dennis will begin the discussion by going over starting vegetables from seeds. FREE!