Toy Soldier & Used Book Sale
USAHEC is hosting a massive toy soldier sale from the estate of Dr. Richard J. Sommers.
- over 250 boxed sets of Mignot, c. 1950s-2000s, including many special order and uncommon sets. 80% are French Napoleonic theme; the rest are ancient and 19th-century theme
- over 75 boxed set of postwar Britains, c. 1950s.
- over 100 lots of loose Mignot, Britains, and other lead soldiers
- several Marx playsets, many old American plastic soldiers and accessories.
- several tables of old plastic, rubber, tin, and slush-cast toys, c. late 1940s-1960s.
- tables of military books, histories, framed prints, reference guides, etc.; many rare and out-of-print
In conjunction with the estate sale, the Army Heritage Museum Store at USAHEC will have a huge used book sale on both Saturday, April 17, from 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday, April 18, from 12 pm to 4 pm. The store also offers personalized dog tags made on the spot.
The facility offers plenty of free parking and guests can enjoy the museum and outdoor trail (free admission).
Out-of-state collectors are encouraged to come for this sale and stay for the Gettysburg Toy Soldier Show being held the following day, April 18, in Gettysburg.
For additional information about the estate sale, contact Dr. Christian Keller (firstname.lastname@example.org).