Carlisle Arts Learning Center (CALC)
- Address: 38 West Pomfret Street Carlisle, PA 17013
- Phone: (717) 249-6973
Located in the heart of downtown Carlisle, the Carlisle Arts Learning Center (CALC) offers a fabulous visual arts experience for everyone, whether you live in the area of whether you are just visiting. The center houses a unique sale gallery with hand crafted items and fine art by local artists, such as the jewelry line designed and crafted by Melissa Colucci. It also showcases a variety of exhibits that are highlighted with wine receptions and a chance to meet the artist. The upstairs gallery, called The CALC Collaborative Gallery, focuses on meaningful exhibits that engage the audience to think outside of themselves and raise awareness about important social themes and community projects.
If you are looking for a more hands on experience, try one of our art classes. Classes are offered to adults and to children and include mediums such as photography, ceramics, drawing, copper enameling and painting. An extensive art camp schedule is also available for children during the summer. Membership to the Carlisle Arts Learning Center provides many benefits to artists and to non artists. Member artists who are looking to display their work may do so a CALC and at area restaurants, businesses, and in downtown windows. CALC also prides itself on increasing the quality of life in the region through the arts. Empty Bowls for Project Share and the mARTini Auction are annual events that should not be missed. Check CALC out....you will be happy that you did.
Cumberland Valley is home to a thriving community of artisans. Follow our Artisan Adventure Trail to find unique, handmade, one-of-a-kind objects.
Groups: This location is great for groups that enjoy visual arts, demonstrations, and artist interaction. Enjoy learning about traditional art, pottery, photography and more when visiting. Maximum group 50 persons. Tour fee varies. Convenient downtown parking.
- Hours: Tues-Fri 10am-5pm; Sat 10am-3pm
- Parking: Street parking
- Credit Cards Accepted:
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Price: Free admission
- Made in Cumberland Valley:
- Made in the Valley Products: Some of the items in the sales gallery are locally made.
- Group Reservations Required:
- Maximum # of People for Tour: 40
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Price Range: $3.00 - $5.00 per person
- Tour Length: 30 to 40 minutes
Type of Experience
- Tours Available:
- Dates: August 10, 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: Tuesday-Friday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Saturday 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Location: Carlisle Arts Learning Center
- Town: Carlisle