The Historic Peace Church and Gardens in Mechanicsburg is used for special services, weddings and lawn concerts. This historic church features a wine glass pulpit that rises over nine feet off the floor, beautiful gardens and a 200 year old Conrad Doll Organ.
Civil War History: On June 28, 1863 the Historic Peace Church heard a roar of Rebel cannons just outside its doors. This location served as a Confederate artillery on June 28-29th as the cavalry, led by Albert Jenkins, probed the Harrisburg defenses.
Weddings: The church is available from April 1 through October 31 for weddings and special services. Church occupancy is 150. All arrangements for the use of the church building should be made by contacting the Friends of the Peace Church at 717-691-1638.