Back To Previous
Overview

This is the only covered bridge in Cumberland County still in use in its original location. The wooden bridge, also called Failor's Mill Bridge, was completed by a local carpenter in 1882 at a cost of $2,173. It was repaired extensively in 1967. The bridge is 130 feet long, almost 19 feet high, and 11 feet above the Conodoguinet Creek at low levels. The bridge was built using a Burr truss system that ties wooden arches directly into the bridge's support posts and abutments.

The bridge is located in a scenic country setting two miles southeast of Newburg in Hopewell Township at the following coordinates: 40.136332, -77.523460.