The .8-mile Ridge Overlook in Kings Gap Environmental Education Center is a linear ridge-top path with boulder outcrops that provides you a beautiful photo opportunity of the valley below.
Two ways to get to the Ridge Overlook trail include:
1. Park at the Pump House Parking lot, take the Boundary Trail to Ridge Overlook Trail.
2. Park in the main mansion parking, go down the stairs to Rock Scree Trail and connect to Ridge Overlook Trail. If you take this route, you will reach the overlook in just over .5 miles.
Most Difficult (difficulty rating is based on technical challenge, not physical challenge): Elevation gain or loss is usually severe, less than 18% slope, maximum 30+% up to 500
Download Recreational Guides and Maps:
- Find Ridge Overlook Trail on the Kings Gap Environmental Education Center Map (.pdf)
- Kings Gap Environmental Education Center Bird Map (.pdf)
- Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- Months Open: Open year-round
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Pets Allowed:
- Any Length Trail:
- Bird Watching:
- Hiking Trails:
- In Kings Gap State Park:
- Miles of Trails: 0.8
- Number of Trails: 1
- Scenic Overlook:
- Trail Length < 5 Miles: