Position: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Executive Assistant is responsible for being the first point of contact for visitors, clients, vendors and stakeholders and creating a professional first impression of Cumberland Valley. The Executive Assistant supports the Corporation’s Board of Directors and Committees and is also the interface to external vendors that support corporate finance and administration operations.
- Create and maintain a positive and professional public image for visitors, clients, vendors, stakeholders, staff and board members who visit or call.
- Receives and greets all visitors and directs them to the appropriate staff member.
- Answers all incoming calls on a multi-line system, retrieve voicemails and route them appropriately.
- Manages the COO and CEO’s calendar and phones.
- Maintains good relationships with vendors that support the general office environment and ensures that office safety and security protocols are adhered to.
- Supports processing of new or separating employees and maintains personnel files and records.
- Responsible for the annual update of the employee manual.
- Assists employees with general benefit questions and concerns.
- Enroll all new employees in elected benefit programs ensuring deadlines are met for enrollment processes.
- Transmits and verifies bi-weekly pay through outside accounting firm and maintains employee personal time off accruals.
- Supports internal accounts receivable and accounts payable functions through an external accounting firm.
- Supports annual audit requests for information.
- Maintains all corporate insurance and legal postings as required.
- Supports the Corporation by maintaining and preparing the official board minutes and other reports as required.
- Supports the Corporation’s committees through scheduling and record keeping.
- Supports and assists in the organization’s special events as directed.
- Maintain an informed, working knowledge of the services and benefits that the organization can provide to visitors, businesses and clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
High Level Job Duties:
- Front office reception and scheduling (25%)
- Board and committee meeting support (25%)
- Human resources support (20%)
- Office administration including corporate insurances, safety and security IT, and accounting (30%)
Communication, oral and written
Customer service, internal and external
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four year-college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills & Abilities:
Must have previous executive administration experience in a small office environment
Must have Human Resources and Benefit Administration Experience
Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet needs of varying internal and external customers.
Proficiency with all MS Office applications and familiarity with financial (QuickBooks) and customer relationship management systems
Ability to handle confidential information and must ensure protection of sensitive information
High level of attention to detail accuracy and follow through
Company Core Values:
- Results Driven
- Education Innovative
Please send your cover letter and resume to Shireen Farr at email@example.com.