COVID Updates for Cumberland Valley
Are masks required?
Masks are not required in Pennsylvania. However, businesses and organizations may continue to implement mask policies and or encourage individuals to mask.
What events have been canceled?
In-person events that have been canceled for 2022 include:
- Pennsylvania Auto Show (January)
This list will be updated periodically.
If you were looking forward to attending any of these events, we hope you will visit when they return.View Events Calendar
Are restaurants and bars open at full capacity?
Effective 5/31/21: All COVID-19 restrictions related to gatherings, restaurants, and other businesses were lifted.
Many locations continue to offer outside dining as well as takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery. Please check individual websites and social media channels to confirm the hours of operation.View Restaurants
Are hotels open? What safety precautions are being implemented?
Hotels in Cumberland Valley are open and ready to welcome guests. Properties may continue to limit the number of available rooms to promote social distancing. Hotels have new protocols in place for cleaning and sanitization. Click on the links below to see health and safety guidelines by brand.
Choice Hotels Commitment to Clean: www.choicehotels.com/about/commitment-to-clean-hotels
Choice Hotels in Cumberland Valley include:
- Clarion Inn & Suites Shippensburg
- Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg South
- Comfort Inn PA Turnpike
- Comfort Suites Downtown Carlisle
- Econo Lodge Mechanicsburg
- Quality Inn Carlisle
- Quality Inn Riverview
- Rodeway Inn Carlisle
- Rodeway Inn Shippensburg
- Sleep Inn Carlisle
Marriott’s Commitment to Clean: clean.marriott.com
Marriott Hotels in Cumberland Valley include:
- Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
- Courtyard by Marriott Shippensburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlisle
- Residence Inn Carlisle
- Towneplace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Hilton CleanStay from Check-in to Check-out: Hilton.com/cleanstay
Hilton Hotels in Cumberland Valley include:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
- Hampton Inn Carlisle
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Mechanicsburg
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg West
Wyndham Hotels Count on Us: wyndhamhotels.com/about-us/count-on-us
Wyndham Hotels in Cumberland Valley include:
- Days Inn Carlisle
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg
- Microtel Inn & Suites Carlisle
- Super 8 Motel Carlisle North
- Super 8 Motel Carlisle South
- Travelodge Carlisle
- Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Best Western We Care Clean: www.bestwestern.com/en_US/hotels/discover-best-western/we-care-clean.html
Best Western Hotels in Cumberland Valley include:
- Best Western Carlisle
- Best Western Plus Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg
- Best Western Shippensburg
Radisson Hotels: radissonhotels.com/en-us/social-responsibility/health-safety
Radisson Hotels in the Cumberland Valley include:
- Country Inn & Suites Carlisle
- Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg West
- Radisson Hotel
IHG Way of Clean: ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/clean-promise
IHG Hotels in the Cumberland Valley include:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carlisle
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
- Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg Southwest/Mechanicsburg
What about air travel to Cumberland Valley?
Harrisburg International Airport notes that federal law still requires the proper wearing of face masks for ALL individuals across all transportation networks throughout the U.S., including at airports, through March 18, 2022. Failure to comply will result in denial of entry to the screening area. Read more about Harrisburg International Airport mask guidelines.
Updates For Visitors & Residents
Our restaurants, shops, attractions, and hotels welcome you to Cumberland Valley. However, as COVID-19 cases rise and fall due to variants, local businesses and organizations may continue to implement mask policies or encourage individuals to continue to mask. We encourage visitors to seek and heed the latest expert guidance and take the precautions necessary for all of us to stay safe. By following updated recommended public health guidelines and showing our respect to the people around us, we can minimize the spread of COVID-19 and help keep local businesses open. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Consider signing up for our newsletter so you can receive the latest updates and information on events that may have been canceled or rescheduled.
Meanwhile, we encourage you to explore our website, check out all there is to see and do, order a free visitors guide, and plan your next Weekend Easy getaway. In need of a little inspiration? Read our blog, see upcoming events, check out our photo gallery below, or watch our videos of all there is to do in Cumberland Valley. We look forward to your visit!
Check these sites for the latest information in Cumberland Valley.
COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring System Dashboard (search by county)
Use these sites to find the latest health-related information concerning COVID-19
- If your organization has canceled or changed an event that was posted to our online calendar, please email Stacey with changes.
- We are continuing to provide blogs highlighting things to do & ways to support local businesses during this difficult time. See the most recent blog entries and reach out to Stacey if you have any updates.
- There are additional promotional opportunities for certain businesses. Visit these sites to learn more about how to get your business listed for free: rally4local.com; carryoutpa.com; helpmainstreet.com