Farms & Markets in Cumberland Valley
Cumberland Valley PA is home to some of the finest agricultural land in the country, in fact, there are about 1,500 farms in varying sizes within the county. Travel like the locals and take advantage of our fresh fruits and vegetables at farmers markets and unique attractions like a working alpaca farm. If you are looking for a place that is passionate about preserving the land and protecting natural beauty, you've found it.
- Cumberland County agriculture generates a total of $129.5 M in cash receipts from the sale of agricultural crops and livestock products according to 2010 PA Agricultural Statistics.
- There are approximately 1,500 farms in varying sizes in the County.
- 156,000 acres (or 44%) of the County are in agricultural use.
Cumberland Valley’s agriculture industry provides opportunities for residents and visitors to obtain local fruits, vegetables and other farm fresh products through our farmers markets, farm stands, CSAs and other retailers.
- Support a local economy and farms, keeping wealth within our region and creating jobs.
- Higher nutrient levels retained in food and fuller flavor due to the foods reaching you faster.
- Locally produced food is fresher than foods packed in trucks and shipped for several days.
- Buying local provides an opportunity to meet the farmer and learn how your food is grown.
Things to Do
- Car Shows and Racing
- Family Fun
- Farms & Markets
- Food, Wine & Beer
- Appalachian Trail
- Bike Routes
- Bird Watching
- Colonel Denning State Park
- Disc Golf
- Guided Tours
- Hiking & Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Hunting & ATVs
- Kings Gap
- Nature Explorer
- Parks & Wildlife Area
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park
- Susquehanna River
- Yellow Breeches Creek Water Trail
- Spas & Salons
- The Arts
- Top Things To Do
- Who Are You?