Art, Wine & Chocolate
Cumberland Valley's collection of art galleries, wineries and places to pick up candies and chocolates allow for a decadent getaway with your special someone or a group of friends. Enjoy browsing local art, sipping on PA wines and sampling all the goodies that can only be found here.
The Valley's art galleries welcome you in to experience a variety of art forms and those who make it. Below are a few highlights and if you're looking for an easy way to experience them all, follow the Cumberland Valley Artisan Adventure Trail.
- Browse local artwork, shop for one-of-a-kind pieces or take a class at the Carlisle Arts Learning Center, the Art Center School & Galleries in Mechanicsburg or the SHAPE Gallery in Shippensburg.
- Find a blend of fine arts from ancient through contemporary and unique student exhibits at The Trout Gallery at Dickinson College.
- Find other works of art and Made-in-America gifts and decor at the Valley's local artisan shops like Village Artisans Gallery in Boiling Springs and American Artisan Gallery in Carlisle.
After browsing our art galleries and shops, relax with a wine tasting at our wine shops and nearby wineries. Find a few suggestions below. You can also follow the Covered Bridge & Wine Loop for wine tastings mixed with views of our scenery, or find a route along the Gettysburg Wine & Fruit Trail.
- Spend an afternoon or evening relaxing at the cozy Castlerigg Wine Shop in Carlisle. Enjoy a tasting, glass or bottle of wine from two PA wineries. View Castlerigg's recommended pairings below.
- If you're on the West Shore stop by Olivero's Vineyard Tasting Room in Lemoyne for tastings.
- Enjoy a tasting with a 360 degree view from the glass-enclosed tasting room at Hauser Estate Winery in Biglerville.
- Visit The Winery at Hunters Valley in nearby Liverpool for tastings and special music events.
While you're out and about sampling wine and browsing art, stop for a sweet treat at one of our local candy shops or bakeries.
- Macris Chocolates in Lemoyne features over 100 varieties of chocolates and you can pick and choose which ones you'd like to make the perfect box.
- For something a little more unconventional head to Mechanicsburg and visit Brittle Bark. They make a variety of brittles featuring everything from chocolate to popcorn.
- Enjoy a blast from the past at Georgie Lou's Retro Candy in Carlisle. They make their own custom chocolates and candy, and supply your old favorites like Bit-O-Honey and Airheads.
- Carlisle is also home to a Lindt Chocolate Factory Outlet store. Stop by and pick out your favorite truffle flavors from the large bins.
- If you're looking for more than chocolate you can also find sweet treats like cupcakes, pastries and cake pops at local favorites like the Pennsylvania Bakery in Camp Hill or The Carlisle Bakery.
We stopped by Castlerigg Wine Shop and asked owner Alan Tumblin for recommendations on which wines he would pair with your favorite sweet treats. He gave three great suggestions that can help you as you're planning your next trip or wine tasting party.
Alan shared that any dry red pairs nicely with dark chocolate and pulled out the Crimson Quartette from The Vineyard at Grandview as an example. He said the Whippoorwill White from Seven Mountains Wine Cellars goes great with salted caramel flavors and recommended any of the berry fruit wines, like the Black Raspberry from Seven Mountains Wine Cellars, to go with cheesecake.
- Arts & Culture
Car Shows & Racing
- World Renowned Auto Shows
- Spring Carlisle & Auction
- Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals
- Carlisle Ford Nationals
- Carlisle GM Nationals
- Carlisle Chrysler Nationals
- Carlisle Truck Nationals
- Corvettes at Carlisle
- Fall Carlisle & Auction
- World of Outlaws
- Perry County Covered Bridge & Wine Loop
- Town & Country Motorcycle Ramble
- Enjoy the Ride - Motorcycle Road Trips
- Car Enthusiast
- Dining & Nightlife
- Family Fun
- Orchards & U-Picks
- Top 10 Fishing Locations
- Top 10 Hikes
- Swimming in the Valley
- Get Out on the Water
- Half Gallon Challenge
- Experience the Appalachian Trail
- A Fly-Fisher's Paradise
- Day Hike Sampler
- Nature Explorer
- Cycling in Cumberland Valley
- Family Golfing
- 6 Places to Find Zen
- Bird Watching Hotspots
- RECONNECT - Outdoors
- Adrenaline Pumping
- Fall Foliage in Cumberland Valley
- Tour Our Towns
- Weekend Trips
- Who Are You?