50 Fun-Filled Finds in Cumberland Valley
Need plans fast? If you are looking for something to do this weekend, an activity for visiting relatives or just need to get out of the house with the kids check out these 50 fun-filled suggestions!
4. Relax by a lake, hike, bike or camp at the 2011 PA State Park of the Year, Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
5. Discover Civil War history in downtown Carlisle with an augmented reality walking tour.
7. Roll down the Cumberland Valley Rail Trail on a bike for scenic views of The Valley's agricultural land.
9. Dine on one of the largest decks on the Susquehanna River for beautiful views of the state capital at Dockside Willies in Wormleysburg.
10. Seek out Valley treasures while exploring the South Mountain GeoTrail.
12. Relax with a picnic and feed the ducks at the bubbling Children's Lake in Boiling Springs.
13. Spend the night like an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker at the Ironmaster's Mansion.
14. Tap, tour and try a pint by following the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail.
16. Enjoy a world of flavors at the unique collection of restaurants in downtown Carlisle.
18. Stroll down Pomfret Street in Carlisle and pop in and out of boutiques and specialty shops.
19. Spend a day at the lakeside beach at Colonel Denning State Park.
20. Let the kids have a day filled with fun activities including miniature golfing, arcade games and bumper cars at the Carlisle Sports Emporium.
21. Celebrate your Celtic heritage or be Irish for the day while shopping and eating at Oxford Hall Celtic Shop in New Cumberland.
23. Celebrate the Christmas season in Boiling Springs and watch the lighted tree float across Children's Lake.
24. Leisurely float down the Conodoguinet Creek on a kayak or canoe.
25. Get your adrenaline pumping at Roundtop Mountain Resort. In the winter hit the slopes with skies or a snowboard. In the summer zip-line through the trees or take on a ropes course.
26. Discover the beautiful craftsmanship of over 200 American artists including jewelry, woodcarvings, blown glass and more at the Village Artisans Gallery in Boiling Springs.
27. Sip on coffee or enjoy homemade breakfast bars, sandwiches and salads while mingling with locals at Cornerstone Coffeehouse in Camp Hill.
28. Let your kids climb all over the Imagination Station at Adams-Ricci Community Park.
29. Shop for funky gifts ranging from unique jewelry to bacon band aids at Pat Craig Studio in Carlisle.
30. Pick out a fancy hat and celebrate a special occasion with a tea party at Camellia's Sin Tea Parlor in Carlisle.
31. Enjoy a delicious meal and find your favorite dining hotspot in Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg and the West Shore.
32. Learn about and mingle with the gentle alpacas at Bent Pine Alpaca Farm.
33. Enjoy a day of rock climbing at the Climbnasium in Mechanicsburg.
35. Take the little ones for a day of climbing and exploring at Monkey Joe's in Mechanicsburg.
36. Relax with a wine and cheese cruise along the Susquehanna River aboard the Pride of the Susquehanna.
37. Enjoy a dish of frozen yogurt while the kids play in the "Panda Pad" at Bamboo Frozen Yogurt Cafe in Mechanicsburg.
38. Zip down the summer or winter ATV trails at Michaux State Forest.
39. Horseback ride along the Cumberland Valley Rail Trail at Winsome Farm.
40. Learn how to swing dance at the parties hosted by the Central PA Swing Dance Club at The Green Door Dance Studio.
41. Enjoy a classical performance by the prestigious Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet.
42. Discover the shell markings on the Old Courthouse in Carlisle from the Confederate Army attack in 1863.
43. View pieces of the largest collection of Civil War photography in the world at the U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center.
44. Try your hand at fly-fishing on our famous streams.
45. Stop in the greatest gift in Carlisle to shop for handcrafted items such as pottery and jewelry.
46. Watch a handcrafted violin being pieced together at Hershey Violins in Mechanicsburg.
47. Browse through all things Civil War, from books to neckties, at Civil War & More in Mechanicsburg.
48. Enjoy the view from Negley Park in Lemoyne. Look over the Susquehanna River for unparalleled views of the state capital.
49. Grab a cool treat and find your favorite on the Cumberland Valley Ice Cream Trail.
50. Whip up something delicious at a cooking class at The Kitchen Shoppe & Cooking School in Carlisle.
- Arts & Culture
Car Shows & Racing
- World Renowned Auto Shows
- Spring Carlisle & Auction
- Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals
- Carlisle Ford Nationals
- Carlisle Chevrolet Nationals
- Carlisle Chrysler Nationals
- Carlisle Truck Nationals
- Corvettes at Carlisle
- Fall Carlisle & Auction
- World of Outlaws
- Perry County Covered Bridge & Wine Loop
- Town & Country Motorcycle Ramble
- Enjoy the Ride - Motorcycle Road Trips
- Car Enthusiast
- Dining & Nightlife
- Family Fun
- Orchards & U-Picks
- Top 10 Fishing Locations
- Top 10 Hikes
- Swimming in the Valley
- Get Out on the Water
- Half Gallon Challenge
- Experience the Appalachian Trail
- A Fly-Fisher's Paradise
- Day Hike Sampler
- Nature Explorer
- Cycling in Cumberland Valley
- Family Golfing
- 6 Places to Find Zen
- Bird Watching Hotspots
- RECONNECT - Outdoors
- Adrenaline Pumping
- Fall Foliage in Cumberland Valley
- Tour Our Towns
- Weekend Trips
- Who Are You?