Don't stay hidden inside this winter! We found the best outdoor attractions, performing arts venues and holiday shopping hotspots that will keep you exploring Cumberland Valley well into the chilly months.
Those seeking winter adventure can slide down the mountain on skis, a snowboard or an inner tube. If you are looking for a more relaxing winter sport, that still gets you outside, try cross-country skiing, ice skating or hiking at our scenic parks.
- Cross-country ski or enjoy ice-skating at Doubling Gap Lake at Colonel Denning State Park.
- Kings Gap Environmental & Education Center offers special programming and hikes throughout the winter months.
- Enjoy cross-country skiing, ice-fishing and snowmobiling at Pine Grove Furnace State Park.
- Throughout the winter months, Roundtop Mountain Resort offers skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.
- Take the family for an afternoon of ice skating at Twin Ponds Family Recreation Center West.
Head indoors this winter and enjoy a musical performance, speaker, film or children's performance at the assortment of performing arts venues in the Valley.
The Valley's assortment of funky gift shops, art galleries and handcrafted Made in Cumberland Valley goodies make seasonal shopping easy for everyone on your list.
- Shop the Block on Pomfret Street in Carlisle. Spend a day browsing through art galleries, specialty shoppes and more.
- Find the perfect gift or treat yourself to a Made in Cumberland Valley item, from artisan jewelry to delectable treats.
- Browse for a one-of-a-kind gift by following the Cumberland Valley Antique Trail.
- Who Are You?
- Arts & Culture
Car Shows & Racing
- Fall Carlisle & Auction
- Spring Carlisle & Auction
- Carlisle Import & Performance Nationals
- Carlisle Ford Nationals
- Carlisle GM Nationals
- Carlisle Chrysler Nationals
- Carlisle Truck Nationals
- Corvettes at Carlisle
- World of Outlaws
- Perry County Covered Bridge & Wine Loop
- Town & Country Motorcycle Ramble
- Enjoy the Ride - Motorcycle Road Trips
- Car Enthusiast
- World Renowned Auto Shows
- Dining & Nightlife
- Family Fun
- Orchards & U-Picks
- Top 10 Fishing Locations
- Top 10 Hikes
- Swimming in the Valley
- Get Out on the Water
- Half Gallon Challenge
- Experience the Appalachian Trail
- A Fly-Fisher's Paradise
- Day Hike Sampler
- Nature Explorer
- Cycling in Cumberland Valley
- Family Golfing
- 6 Places to Find Zen
- Bird Watching Hotspots
- RECONNECT - Outdoors
- Adrenaline Pumping
- Fall Foliage in Cumberland Valley
- Tour Our Towns
- Weekend Trips