Cumberland Valley Beer Trail FAQ
How do I participate?
To participate in the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail, pick up a passport at a participating location and request a sticker when you visit a location listed inside. Passports can also be picked up at the Cumberland Valley Visitors Center.
Why aren’t all of the participating locations open?
As we've printed new passports, we've sometimes included locations that will be opening soon. Check the Locations page to see the status of all participating locations on the trail.You can also find a list of craft beverage locations opening in the next year here.
There are several different versions of the passport. Which one do I use? How do the prize changes work?
Since April 2017, six versions of the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail Passport have been printed to restock our inventory and make updates to the participating locations and prizes. The newest version of the passport is shown on this page. If you have an older passport, simply turn it in with your new passport by March 31, 2021, and we'll combine the stickers for your prizes. Please do not continue to use your old passport, as some locations are no longer participating.
We will honor the prizes from the most current version of the passport, which currently include:
- 5 Stickers = Bottle Opener
- 15 Stickers = Bottle Opener & T-Shirt
- 20 Stickers = Bottle Opener, T-Shirt & Cooler
When are passports due?
Please turn in all versions of the passports by March 31, 2021.
When will I receive my prize?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your prize to be delivered. We will try our best to accommodate t-shirt sizes.
Is purchase necessary to receive a sticker?
No, purchase is not necessary to receive a sticker. Cumberland Valley Beer Trail stickers are NOT PERMITTED TO BE SOLD. If you are offered a sticker for purchase, please contact us!
Can I turn in more than one passport?
Yes, we encourage you to continue to support our local breweries, but please understand that prize supplies are limited. We will do our best to accommodate multiple passport submissions.
How are locations selected to be on the trail?
Currently, eligible locations must be:
- Located in Cumberland County; or within five miles of a Cumberland County location. We will accept up to four non-county locations per county surrounding Cumberland County on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Producing three or more craft, alcoholic beverages. This includes beer, wine, spirits, mead and cider.
- Be a stand-alone site with visitor-friendly hours. Locations within farmers markets are not eligible at this time.
- Be open, or opening by June 2020.