We do not collect any personal information through www.visitcumberlandvalley.com except that knowingly and willingly supplied by the User for the purpose of providing the services/information requested through our Site. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Personal identifying information may be collected through e-newsletter registration forms, request forms, contest submission forms, feedback forms, surveys, personal interest forms, and reservation forms. Any information that the User provides, such as name, address, email, ZIP code, country and gender will be stored in a secure location and will be used only for those purposes stated. When you choose to submit such information, you are transferring that information into the United States of America and are consenting to such transfer. All data transferred will be/is encrypted (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure, or HTTPS) transfer, through Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, noting that choosing to do so may prevent the User from engaging in certain site-related activities. Users of our services, such as e-newsletter subscriptions, may also withdraw consent for the use of their personal information at any time. To review, update, or delete your collected data, or to withdraw consent for use, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with the Site. We collect the domain name from each site visitor as well as statistical information, such as the number of visitors and the pages viewed. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to the Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies & other tracking technologies
We promote through a series of social media channels. The Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau has contests in which you may voluntarily enter your personal information to be eligible for a chance to win.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To better serve your online needs.
- To tailor content that is displayed to you.
- To deliver services and to correspond with you in relation to information available on our Site that you have indicated an interest.
- To notify you about changes in the services.
- To improve and ensure that content on our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device used to access our Site.
- For system administrative and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions which does not identify any individual;
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including service development, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purpose;
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries;
- To enhance your experience on our Website, which may include using information you provided us to pre-populate forms;
- As part of efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about attractions, events, restaurants and retail businesses that may interest you;
- Visitor guide fulfillment;
- eNewsletter enrollment;
- Fulfill booking requests;
- Plan/coordinate meetings;
- Sales contacts;
- Contest entries and to run contests and allow you to participate in contests;
- Audience segmentation;
- Reports (aggregated data)
Sharing User's personal information
The information that we collect is used to enhance the usability and improve the content of our web pages. It may be used to personalize information and for statistical purposes. Personal information will not be shared with third parties unless indicated and when approved by the User or unless required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court orders, legal process from law enforcement agencies, or similar legal proceedings. We provide information to investigate or prevent suspected illegal activities. Personal data may be shared in the following situations, as well:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal process,
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and
- To a third party with your prior consent to do so.
The Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau will retain personal data we process until the User notifies us that he/she no longer wishes to receive the services or information for which the data was collected. The Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may inform you by email of our available services, products, specials and sweepstakes. You may opt in or out of receiving these materials or information at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Sharing User's personal information
Unless the disclosure of your personal information is required by law or court order, we do not sell, trade, or rent User's personal information to others. We use third-party software to help us operate our business and the Site, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any User's personal information with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Users may find advertising or other content on the Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to the Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Data Collection for Partner
We support the development and operation of partner services/products that interact with client user information. We request that our partners meet industry standards for security data storage and maintenance equivalent to those that we uphold or higher in regards to any data collected by our partners or by us in conjunction with these partner services/products. Where applicable, we enter into binding agreements ensuring all parties meet minimum data security standards.
We acknowledge that we may face liability in cases where there is an onward transfer of your personal information from us to a third party. We hold those third parties with whom we do business to the same rigorous security standards that we impose on ourselves.
Security of User's personal Information
We take reasonable security precautions to secure the personal information that you choose to provide against loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized access. However, despite our preventative measures and those of our partners, no transmission of information over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to access transmissions unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information that you transmit to us. Any such transmission of Personal Information is done at your own risk.
Google Analytics Demographic and Interest
On the Site we collect demographic data from Google's Interest-based advertising with Google Analytics. Users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
Reviewing/Updating Your Information
You have the right to review your information at any time. If you would like to review your information within our contacts database, update it, or remove it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be removed from or change your subscriptions to any of our newsletters, there is a link at the bottom of every newsletter that allows you to do so.
Last updated: 11/28/2021
Your acceptance of these terms
Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau
53 W. South St., Suite 1, Carlisle, PA 17013
717.240.7190 or email@example.com