September 24, 2022
The annual Harvest of the Arts Festival is held each September in historic downtown Carlisle with more than 100 juried artists exhibiting works in all mediums, including pottery, photography, paintings, wood, glass, jewelry, and metal. New faces will join the show this year by introducing an emerging artist makers market.
Plan to experience the art, live music, and various food options as you explore downtown Carlisle's many shops. In addition to the artisans, festival highlights include:
- Live demonstrations by master craftsmen in action, including wood turners, metal works, and jewelry makers.
- Local Plein Air artists stationed around downtown will be painting festival scenes, downtown buildings, and more.
- Live music throughout downtown by local and regional artists.
- Courtyard Stage
- Shine Delphi 10 am to 12 pm
- Zach King 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- Alexia Christian 3 pm to 5 pm
- Theatre Stage
- Acoustic Moose 11 am to 1 pm
- Shelba Purtle 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Thomas Martin Young 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm
- Courtyard Stage
- Kids' Alley provides non-stop fun for the little ones, including:
- The Sandbox
- Carlisle Area Family Life Center
- Oh Look! Facepainting by Amber
- Cub Scout Pack 189
- Carlisle Family YMCA
- Caricatures by Louis Weiss
- Carlisle Lions Club
- Meeting of the Marques Motorshow transforms West High Street into "Artistry on Wheels" with a collection of sports cars, sports touring cars, and all British-made cars that allow guests to experience the beauty of these vehicles as rolling sculpture and not just transportation.
- Farmers on the Square will make a special appearance during Harvest of the Arts with vendors selling hyper-local produce, handmade baked goods, drinks, plants, flowers, and more.
While you’re visiting Harvest of the Arts, you can kick off fall with a fun weekend full of festivals. If you can't make it this weekend, October offers plenty of opportunities for fall festival fun.
- Pennsylvania Tea Festival, September 23 & 24, 2022
- New Cumberland Apple Festival: September 24, 2022
- Meadowbrooke Gourds Sunflower Festival: September 24 & 25, 2022
- Shippensburg Beer & Wine Festival: September 24, 2022
- Fall Carlisle Car Show: September 29-October 2, 2022
- Oktoberfest & King Street Stroll: October 1, 2022
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest: October 8 & 9, 2022
- Fall Furnace Fest: October 15 & 16, 2022
- 1st Annual Shippensburg Pumpkin Festival: October 21-23, 2022