September 25, 2021
In 2021, the annual Harvest of the Arts Festival will be held on September 25 from 10 am to 5 pm in historic downtown Carlisle with more than 100 juried artists exhibiting works in all mediums including pottery, photography, paintings, wood, glass, jewelry, and metal. This year's event recognizes Carlisle native Phil George and his art depicting buildings and life in Carlisle. Through his paintings and prints, he helped raise money for local businesses affected by the pandemic.
Plan to experience the art, live music, and a variety of food options as you explore downtown Carlisle's many shops. In addition to the artisans, festival highlights include:
- Live demonstrations of glass blowing by Mechanicsburg artist Michael Peluso.
- Demonstrations by spray paint artist Nathan Theobold.
- Local Plein Air artists stationed around downtown will be painting festival scenes, downtown buildings, and more.
- Live music at three locations: West & High Streets, Carlisle Theatre, and Veteran's Courtyard by the Square.
- A limited number of food vendors will be on hand but additional seating areas will be set up around town with information on how to order from local restaurants and enjoy takeout on-site.
- Kids' Alley will take a one-year break from Harvest of the Arts for health and safety reasons.
- Meeting of the Marques Motorshow transforms West High Street into "Artistry on Wheels" with a collection of sports cars, sports touring cars, and all British-made cars that allow guests to experience the beauty of these vehicles as rolling sculpture and not just transportation.
- Farmers on the Square will make a special appearance during Harvest of the Arts with vendors selling hyper-local produce, handmade baked goods, drinks, plants, flowers, and more.
While you’re visiting for Harvest of the Arts, plan a Weekend Easy getaway that includes one or more fun activities during your stay.
Fall Fun in the Valley - discover all the fall fun opportunities from pumpkin picking and hayrides to events and fall foliage tours
Artisan Adventure - explore all the arts and artisans the Valley has to offer in our shops
Cumberland Valley Beer Trail - tap, tour and try a pint while following the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail; several stops are located within walking distance of each other in downtown Carlisle, including Molly Pitcher Brewing Co., Market Cross Pub & Brewery, Hook and Flask Still Works, and Grand Illusion Hard Cider. Be sure to download the FREE digital passport, check in at participating locations, and earn prizes.
Find Other Fall Events
- New Cumberland Apple Festival: September 25, 2021
- Meadowbrooke Gourds Sunflower Festival: September 25, 2021
- Shippensburg Beer & Wine Festival: September 25, 2021
- Fall Carlisle Car Show: September 29-October 3, 2021
- Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest: October 9 & 10, 2021
- Fall Furnace Fest: October 16 & 17, 2021