September 23, 2023
The annual Harvest of the Arts Festival is held each September in historic downtown Carlisle with more than 100 juried artists exhibiting works in all mediums, including pottery, photography, paintings, wood, glass, jewelry, and metal. New faces will join the show this year by introducing an emerging artist makers market.
Plan to experience the art, live music, and various food options as you explore downtown Carlisle's many shops. In addition to the artisans, festival highlights include:
- Live demonstrations by master craftsmen in action
- Local Plein Air artists stationed around downtown reproducing beautiful downtown images and festival scenes.
- Live music throughout downtown by local and regional artists.
- Kids' Alley provides non-stop fun for the little ones.
- Meeting of the Marques Motorshow transforms West High Street into "Artistry on Wheels" with a collection of sports cars, sports touring cars, and all British-made cars that allow guests to experience the beauty of these vehicles as rolling sculpture and not just transportation.
- Farmers on the Square will make a special appearance during Harvest of the Arts with vendors selling hyper-local produce, handmade baked goods, drinks, plants, flowers, and more.
While you’re visiting Harvest of the Arts, you can kick off fall with a fun weekend full of festivals featuring:
- Pennsylvania Tea Festival: September 22 & 23, 2023
- Meadowbrooke Gourds Sunflower Festival: September 23 & 24, 2023
- Shippensburg Beer & Wine Festival: September 23, 2023
If you can't make it this weekend, October offers plenty of opportunities for fall festival fun, including these featured events: