Things to Do During the Spring in Cumberland Valley
Spring is the perfect season to uncover outdoor beauty and fresh-picked-fun in the Cumberland Valley. Celebrate the season of new beginnings with a hike on a famous trail, unique outdoor attractions and downtown events.
Spring offers a great opportunity to come out of hiding from the winter months and discover area attractions. View the budding trees along the historic Cumberland Valley Rail Trail or at picturesque Children's Lake. You can also hunt for treasures on the GeoTrail, fresh foods at our farmer's markets or the variety of birds to be discovered in the Valley.
- Cumberland Valley Rail Trail and other Biking Routes
- Relax at scenic Children's Lake
- Uncover treasures along the South Mountain GeoTrail
- Fresh Picked Fun - Explore the Valley's farm markets
- Bird Watching Hotspots in the Valley
Spring is the perfect time to explore the Appalachian Trail through Cumberland Valley. Take family and friends for a day hike along the longest and flattest portion of the entire 2,186-mile famous trail. Our convenient parking lots and easy access points make leisure hiking a breeze.
- Experience the Appalachian Trail
- Appalachian Trail Museum, the only hiking museum in the country
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- AT Community of Boiling Springs
- Appalachian Trail Access Points
- Top 10 Cumberland Valley Hikes
Get out and uncover authentic Valley experiences this spring with the unique assortment of events. Take in historical events, the beginning of the world-renowned Carlisle Auto Shows or a downtown arts festival. View the Official Cumberland Valley Events Calendar. Search for the event name in the calendar to find more details.
- Artist-in-Action Series at Village Artisans Gallery - March-April
- Mechanicsburg Earth Day Festival - April 18
- Spring Carlisle Collector Swap Meet & Corral - April
- Spring Shows at The Luhrs Center - March-May
- Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals - May
- Army Heritage Days @ U.S. Army Heritage & Education Center - May
When the weather warms up, enjoy a relaxing lunch or dinner along the sparkling Susquehanna River. Our riverfront restaurants in Wormleysburg offer great views of the Harrisburg skylines and menus that won't disappoint. For more dining options view our Dining Hotspots in Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill and the West Shore.
With all the family-friendly options, outdoor adventures, exciting events and great restaurants you'll want to stay the whole weekend. Our lodging options range from downtown hotels to charming bed and breakfasts. View all your lodging options here.
Things to Do
- Car Shows and Racing
- Family Fun
- Farms & Markets
- Food, Wine & Beer
- Appalachian Trail
- Bike Routes
- Bird Watching
- Colonel Denning State Park
- Disc Golf
- Guided Tours
- Hiking & Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Hunting & ATVs
- Kings Gap
- Nature Explorer
- Parks & Wildlife Area
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park
- Susquehanna River
- Yellow Breeches Creek Water Trail
- Spas & Salons
- The Arts
- Top Things To Do
- Who Are You?