Things to Do During the Summer in Cumberland Valley
Summer is travel season in the Cumberland Valley. Every other weekend you can discover one of the famous Carlisle Auto Shows, relax or get adventurous at our seasonal attractions or uncover our downtowns with a farmers market or special event. Cool off this summer by getting out on the water to swim, kayak or fish.
Cumberland Valley is home to 46 miles of the famed Appalachian Trail, great hiking and biking trails, world-renowned fly-fishing streams, boating and kayaking opportunities and more.
The warm summer months allow you to explore the Cumberland Valley’s one-of-a-kind attractions. Discover the adventure of the OGO ball at Roundtop Mountain Resort, find treasures along the South Mountain GeoTrail or cool down at a community pool.
- Vertical Trek at Roundtop Mountain Resort
- Drive-in Movie Theatre
- Historic Downtowns of Carlisle and Mechanicsburg
- Performances at H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center
- Outdoor and Indoor Interactive Exhibits, Telling the Army Story...One Soldier at a Time®
- Indoor/Outdoor Complex with Go-Karts, Mini-Golf, Laser Tag, Rock Climbing & More
Summer in the Cumberland Valley is an auto enthusiast’s dream. From renowned auto shows at the Carlisle Fairgrounds to historic speedways, the Valley has motorheads coming back time and time again.
Farms, Markets & Wineries
There is no better season to shop for fresh foods and farm products in Cumberland Valley. Spend the summer months browsing through our roadside stands, markets, farm wineries, greenhouses and more.
You and the family can explore the Valley this summer through our exciting events and outdoor happenings. Discover why thousands travel to Carlisle every year for the auto shows, find local goodies at our farm fresh markets, or take in the beauty of the Pride of the Susquehanna Riverboat.
View the Official Cumberland Valley Events Calendar. As the season approaches the new event dates will be added.
- Come & Kayak at Colonel Denning
- Corvettes at Carlisle & Downtown Parade
- Annual Steam Engine & Tractor Show
- Shippensburg Corn Festival
- McLain Celtic Festival
- Music in the Garden
- Pride of the Susquehanna Riverboat Rides
Things to Do
- Car Shows and Racing
- Family Fun
- Farms & Markets
- Food, Wine & Beer
- Spas & Salons
- The Arts
- Top Things To Do
- Who Are You?