Cumberland Valley Summer Festivals & Events
The hot sun means hot fun in Cumberland Valley. Check out some of our favorite summer festivals, events & activities below.
- A juried arts festival, Foundry Day takes place along Children's Lake in the picturesque village of Boiling Springs. Held the first Saturday in June, there is also a quilt festival held in conjunction with Foundry Day every other year.
- Newville Fountain Festival is a two-day festival centered around the town fountain in Newville. Festivities include a parade, antique and craft stands, music, contests, kids' activities, and delicious food. Held the third Friday and Saturday in June.
- The Ford Parade is held on the Saturday of the annual Ford Nationals auto show. All makes and models of Fords cruise down Hanover and High Streets in Carlisle, shops and restaurants offer specials and are open late and live music fills the streets.
- Held in July, the Shippensburg Community Fair features music, food, livestock exhibits, tractor pulls, rides and games, a craft show, and more.
- Jubilee Day is the largest one-day street fair in the eastern United States. This all-day event is held the third Thursday in June, and features live music, food, arts, and many local businesses.
- Carlisle Summerfair is a ten-day festival held over the Fourth of July weekend in Carlisle and Boiling Springs. Filled with (mostly) free, family-fun activities, the annual highlights include a parade, fireworks, community theater performances at the Carlisle Theatre, a craft festival, music, ice-cream social, and a performance by Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra and the Anything Floats Race.
- The Corvette Parade is a downtown Carlisle staple. Held the Saturday of the annual Corvettes at Carlisle auto show, spectators line Hanover and High streets to watch over 400 Corvettes of all years and makes cruise through downtown. The night culminates into a street party.
- Shippensburg Corn Festival is rated as the best one-day festival in Pennsylvania. This annual festival takes place the last Saturday in August and includes more than 300 craft and antique vendors, performances and every type of corn you can imagine!
- The Annual Steam Engine Show in Mechanicsburg is a must for any railroad enthusiast. Watch steam engine and tractor parades, horse and tractor pulls, find a deal at the farmer's flea market or enjoy the nightly live music. There is a fee for this event.
Please note: Many of our larger events were canceled in 2020. Click here to see a list. Other event dates are tentative. Please search for the event on the current Events Calendar before planning your trip or check directly with the event organizer.