New Year's Eve (and Day) in Cumberland Valley
Celebrate the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023. Whether you plan an evening at home or want to enjoy a night on the town, here are a few suggestions to celebrate New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in Cumberland Valley.
- Stock up on takeout food from your favorite local restaurants or try a new location.
- Pick up a bottle (or two) of wine from Castlerigg Wine Shop or grab a growler from one of our breweries.
- Complement the wine or beer with chocolates from Mummert Chocolates, Exquisite Chocolates, or one of our other boutique chocolate shops.
- Shop for a board game or a puzzle at Whistlestop Bookshop.
On the Town
- New Year's Celebration in Downtown Harrisburg
- Anchor Drop in Downtown Shippensburg
- Wrench Drop in Downtown Mechanicsburg
- New Year's Eve Punk Rock Tribute Night @ Lovedraft's Brewing Co.
- New Year's Eve Rock 'N Bowl @ Midway Bowling Center
- New Year's Eve Party & Keg Drop @ Market Cross Pub, Carlisle
New Year's Day
- Be sure you've purchased some sweet treats, pastries, or bagels from places such as Beeman's Baked Goods, Helena's Chocolate Cafe and Creperie, or Sunrise Cafe so you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast on New Year's Day.
- After you've had your caffeine fix, plan a New Year's Day outdoor adventure on one of our many hiking trails or spend a day in the snow at Roundtop Mountain Resort (check their website for the winter season start date)
- First Day Hike @ Pine Grove Furnace State Park
More events will be added as they are announced.