New Year's Eve (and Day) in Cumberland Valley
Celebrate the end of 2021 and the beginning of 2022. Whether you plan an evening at home or want to enjoy a night on the town, here are a few suggestions to celebrate New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in Cumberland Valley.
- Stock up on takeout food from your favorite local restaurants or try a new location.
- Pick up a bottle (or two) of wine from Castlerigg Wine Shop or grab a growler from one of our breweries.
- Complement the wine or beer with chocolates from Mummert Chocolates, Exquisite Chocolates, or one of our other boutique chocolate shops.
- Shop for a board game or a puzzle at Whistlestop Bookshop.
On the Town
- New Year's Eve Bash @ Crostwater Distilled Spirits (private, ticketed event)
- Jazz Me R&B Trio @ Hook & Flask Still Works
- You're a Wizard New Year's Party @ Lovedraft's Brewing Co.
- Harrisburg New Year's Eve @ City Island
- New Year's Eve Party @ Market Cross Pub & Brewery
- New Year's Eve Crawl @ SpringGate Arcona
- New Year's Eve Dance @ The Green Door Dance Studio
- New Year's Eve Rock 'N Bowl @ Midway Bowling Center
- Wrench Drop in Downtown Mechanicsburg
- Anchor Drop in Downtown Shippensburg
New Year's Day
- Be sure you've purchased some sweet treats, pastries, or bagels from places such as Beeman's Baked Goods, Nothing Sweeter, Helena's Chocolate Cafe and Creperie, or Sunrise Cafe so you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast on New Year's Day.
- After you've had your caffeine fix, plan a New Year's Day outdoor adventure on one of our many hiking trails or spend a day in the snow at Roundtop Mountain Resort.
- First Day Hike @ Kings Gap (NOTE: On 12/30/21, Kings Gap posted on their Facebook page that their First Day Hike was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. You can still enjoy the trails on your own.)
- First Day Hike @ Pine Grove Furnace State Park
More events will be added as they are announced.