New Years Eve (and Day) in Carlisle
Carlisle and the rest of the Cumberland Valley will quietly ring in 2021. While First Night Carlisle and organized First Day Hikes at our state parks are canceled this year, here are a few suggestions to celebrate the New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at home.
- Stock up on takeout food from your favorite local restaurants or try a new location.
- Pick up a bottle (or two) of wine from Castlerigg Wine Shop or grab a growler from one of our breweries.
- Complement the wine or beer with chocolates from Mummert Chocolates or Exquisite Chocolates.
- Shop for a board game or a puzzle at Whistlestop Bookshop or check online for virtual celebrations, performances or other events.
- Be sure you've purchased some sweet treats, pastries, or bagels from places such as Beeman's Baked Goods, Nothing Sweeter, Helena's Chocolate Cafe and Creperie, or Sunrise Cafe so you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast on New Year's Day. Denim Coffee even offers a 64-ounce jug option for their cold brews and iced lattes.
- After you've had your caffeine fix, plan your own outdoor adventure along one of our many hiking trails or spend a day in the snow at Roundtop Mountain Resort.
Indoor dining is temporarily suspended from 12:01 a.m. on December 12 through 8 a.m. on January 4, 2021, there are several ways to enjoy a meal from local restaurants. Order takeout, curbside pickup, or delivery and spend a quiet New Year's Eve savoring your favorite meal from the comfort of your own home. To-go beer and alcoholic mixed drinks add a festive touch to the celebration. Several locations also offer holiday appetizer or dessert trays. See some dining suggestions below and click here for a full list. Be sure to check their website or Facebook page for hours of operation.