Every season is event season in the Cumberland Valley! Grab your family and friends and head out to explore our unique collection of events for any passion. Whether it's Ice Art Fest to celebrate the winter months, an Earth Day festival in the spring, music festivals throughout the summer months, a plethora of fall festivals, or Carlisle's Wonderland Weekend to welcome the holiday season, you'll be celebrating all year long.
Are events occurring in Cumberland Valley?
1/4/21 Update: The limited-time mitigation orders issued on December 12 expired on January 4, 2021. Mitigation efforts will revert to the earlier orders originally released on Nov. 23, 2020.
- Indoor gatherings are permitted, with the following maximum occupancy rates:
- 10% of max. occupancy for indoor facilities with a max. occupancy rating of 0-2,000 people.
- 5% of max. occupancy for indoor facilities with a max. occupancy rating of 2,001-10,000 people.
- 500 people max. for indoor facilities with a max. occupancy rating greater than 10,000 people.
- Outdoor gatherings are permitted, with the following maximum occupancy rates:
- 15% of max. occupancy for outdoor facilities with a max. occupancy rating of 0-2,000 people.
- 10% of max. occupancy for outdoor facilities with a max. occupancy rating of 2,001-10,000 people.
- 5% of max. occupancy (up to 2,500 people max.) for outdoor facilities with a max. occupancy rating greater than 10,000 people.
Update 10/9/20: Yes, events are occurring, and Governor Wolf's newest order on October 9, 2020, increased gathering limitations in Pennsylvania, allowing more people to attend both indoor and outdoor events. Originally, indoor events were restricted to just 25 people, while outdoor events could have up to 250. Now, however, the maximum capacity will be determined based on a venue’s maximum occupancy. Mask wearing, social distancing, and other coronavirus mitigation orders from the state must still be followed.
Many of our partners continue to offer virtual classes, lectures, or exhibits. While we are doing our best to keep our online events calendar updated, you should visit each partner's website or Facebook page for the most current information on cancellations. We recommend you check with event organizers if you have questions about cancellations and/or refunds.
What annual events have been cancelled?
In-person events that have been canceled for 2021 include:
- PA Farm Show (January) -- virtual
- Great American Outdoor Show (February)
- Motorama (February)
- Army Heritage Days (May) -- virtual
Disclaimer: The Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau provides information about upcoming events as a service to our visitors and local residents. This information is gathered from reliable sources or is provided by the organizers of the event. While we try to ensure accuracy, it is still possible that some information may be incorrect. Events are occasionally cancelled, postponed, rescheduled or sold out and we may not be aware of these changes. We recommend checking with the organization hosting the event to verify details. Though the calendar is moderated, a listing does not imply endorsement by the Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau.