Things To Do in Cumberland Valley
Cumberland Valley is a place immersed in adventure and traditions. Many make the trip every year to visit some of our famous fly-fishing streams, world-renowned Carlisle auto shows or to take a hike on the legendary Appalachian Trail. There's a reason these passionate visitors all meet in The Valley. Our unique blend of outdoor beauty, downtown charm, agricultural landscape, history, art galleries, craft beverages, spas, farmers markets and friendly way of life keeps people coming back time and time again.
Need help getting started? Visit our trip ideas to start planning. You'll find itinerary ideas, must-see highlights, and suggestions from the locals. So whether you are packing up your hiking boots or walking shoes, you're sure to find a diverse blend of things to do on the streets, creeks, and trails of Cumberland Valley.
- Enjoy a night out on the town with a delicious dinner and a show at one of Cumberland Valley's performing arts centers.
- If you are an automotive hobbyist or just live with one, pack up your car and head to the automotive hometown of Carlisle. It's not just cars, there's something for everyone in your family.
- If you are visiting in the spring and summer months browse for delectable goodies at our downtown farmers markets. If the chillier months bring you to our neck of the woods, get out of the cold at our spas, art galleries, and downtown shops, or embrace the weather and head downhill on skis or a snowboard.
- History buffs, children and anyone with a sense of adventure can stretch their legs and minds on the Army Heritage Trail at US Army Heritage & Education Center in Carlisle. When you see the big helicopter display along I-81, pull off and enjoy an afternoon exploring outdoor exhibits from World War I trenches to Civil War cabins.
- Tap, tour and try a pint along our Cumberland Valley Beer Trail. With over 25 locations --- including breweries, cideries, distilleries, and wineries -- there's something to please everyone.
Things to Do
- Car Shows and Racing
- Family Fun
- Farms & Markets
- Food, Wine & Beer
- Spas & Salons
- The Arts
- Top Things To Do
- Who Are You?