Celebrate Valentine's Day in Cumberland Valley
Plan an unforgettable Valentine's Day in Cumberland Valley with a weekend away, a one-of-a-kind date night, the perfect gift for your special someone, or ideas for a stay-at-home celebration.
Valentine's Day Escapes
Book a special Valentine's Day package at one of our lodging properties or cozy up at one of Cumberland Valley's truly unique B&Bs. You'll find comfortable accommodations offering the perfect weekend retreat.
A Night on the Town
- Learn something new together with a skiing or snowboarding lesson at Roundtop Mountain Resort. End the day with dinner at the warm and inviting Fireside Pub & Grill.
- Experiment with new flavors and tastes at eclectic dining hotspots in downtown Carlisle or dine with views of the Susquehanna River at Dukes Riverside Bar & Grille or Dockside Willies in Wormleysburg.
- Reserve a private heated igloo at Harrisburg Beach Club on City Island, relax with a drink and watch the lights of the Harrisburg skyline.
- Spend the day hiking and then attend a cooking class at The Kitchen Shoppe in the evening. Many classes are BYOB.
- Take a brisk hike along the Appalachian Trail and then enjoy a luxurious overnight stay at Allenberry Resort, including dinner and cocktails at The Barn.
- Start the evening at Hops & Hatchets, where you and your date practice your ax-throwing skills, then sip a sampling of craft beer, wine, mead, and spirits at some of the more than 25 locations along the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail. Hops & Hatchets is BYOB.
Be sure to browse the events calendar for Valentine's Day specials, wine tastings, cooking classes, exhibit openings, and more.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
- Meeka Fine Jewelry in Camp Hill offers unique custom-made jewelry (including the owners' own line), while K Novinger in Lemoyne specializes in carefully-crafted made-to-order pieces.
- Whether it's a gift for a loved one, friend, or yourself, The Cumberland Shop has the perfect blend of jewelry, art, self-care products, food, shawls, and more that will appeal to men and women alike, created by local artisans.
- Enjoy some relaxation with a couples massage at the state-of-the-art SPAtacular Escapes or in the salt cave at Tranquility Salon & Wellness Center.
- Gifts for men include a Yeti Rambler from TCO Outdoors, Shave Soap from No Common Scents, or a line of small-batch hand-made personal care products from Glitz Soap.
Here are some highlighted events taking place from February 10 through February 19, 2023. If you can't make it here during that time frame, check out our online calendar for a complete list of events taking place in February.
A Romantic Evening at Home
Get comfortable and enjoy a Valentine's Day date night at home after picking up some of the essentials at our local shops.
- Shop for a board game or a puzzle at Whistlestop Bookshop.
- Pick up a bottle (or two) of wine from Castlerigg Wine Shop or grab a growler from one of our breweries.
- Complement the wine or beer with chocolates. Read our Chocolate Paradise blog to see the scrumptious options.
- Purchase a soft and comfortable fleece blanket from Allenberry Resort or a cozy throw at the greatest gift and snuggle up in front of the fireplace.
- Light the room with some candles from Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses.