Celebrate Valentine's Day in Cumberland Valley
Plan an unforgettable Valentine's Day in Cumberland Valley with a weekend away, a one-of-a-kind date night, the perfect gift for your special someone, or ideas for a stay-at-home celebration.
Valentine's Day Escapes
Book a special Valentine's Day package at one of our lodging properties or cozy up at a nearby Bed & Breakfast. You'll find comfortable accommodations offering the perfect weekend retreat. Our hotels are ready to welcome you with protocols in place for your health and safety.
A Night on the Town
- Learn something new together with a skiing or snowboarding lesson at Roundtop Mountain Resort. End the day with dinner at the warm and inviting Fireside Pub & Grill.
- Experiment with new flavors and tastes at eclectic dining hotspots in downtown Carlisle or dine with views of the Susquehanna River at Dukes Riverside Bar & Grille or Dockside Willies in Wormleysburg.
- Spend the day hiking and then attend a cooking class at The Kitchen Shoppe in the evening. Many classes are BYOB.
- Take a romantic walk around scenic Children’s Lake and then enjoy a luxurious overnight stay at Allenberry Resort including dinner and cocktails at The Barn.
- Start the evening at The Game Table Café, where you and your date can choose from a large library of board games, then sip a sampling of craft beer, wine, mead, and spirits at some of the more than 25 locations along the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail.
Be sure to browse the events calendar for Valentine's Day specials, wine tastings, cooking classes, exhibit openings, and more. (Events may be limited in 2021 due to COVID-19.)
Great Gift Ideas
- Shop the Block on Pomfret Street in Carlisle for a truly unique gift. This mini-shopping district offers funky gift shops, a vintage jewelry store, art galleries and more!
- Meeka Fine Jewelry in Camp Hill offers unique custom-made jewelry (including the owners' own line) while K Novinger in Lemoyne specializes in carefully-crafted made-to-order pieces.
- Enjoy some relaxation with a couples massage at the state-of-the-art SPAtacular Escapes or in the salt cave at Tranquility Salon & Wellness Center.
- An aromatherapy bracelet and essential oil from The Inner Connection are perfect for those who enjoy smelling soothing scents all day long.
- Rather than flowers, give a unique balloon bouquet from Hooplas Etc.
- Gifts for men include a Yeti Rambler from TCO Outdoors and Shave Soap from No Common Scents.
- Ice Art Fest: Take part in this family-friendly event occurring the second weekend in February in Carlisle. See different ice sculptures and explore downtown.
- Many of our wineries and breweries have food and drink specials along with live music.
A Romantic Evening at Home
Get comfortable and enjoy a date night at home after picking up some of the essentials at our local shops. Here are some suggestions:
- Shop for a board game or a puzzle at Whistlestop Bookshop.
- Pick up a bottle (or two) of wine from Castlerigg Wine Shop or Cristiano Winery on Main, or grab a growler from one of our breweries.
- Complement the wine or beer with chocolates. Read our Chocolate Paradise blog to see the scrumptious options.
- Purchase a soft and comfortable fleece blanket from Allenberry Resort or a cozy throw at the greatest gift and snuggle up in front of the fireplace.
- Light the room with some candles from Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses.