Celebrate Valentine's Day in Cumberland Valley
Plan an unforgettable Valentine's Day in Cumberland Valley with a weekend away, a one-of-a-kind date night, a special event, or the perfect gift for your special someone.
Valentine's Day Escapes
A Night on the Town
- Surprise your date with an unexpected evening filled with swing dancing at The Green Door Dance Studio followed by a movie at Carlisle Theatre and dinner and drinks at 1794 The Whiskey Rebellion.
- Learn something new together with a skiing or snowboarding lesson at Roundtop Mountain Resort. End the day with dinner and live music at the warm and inviting Fireside Pub & Grill.
- Experiment with new flavors and tastes at eclectic dining hotspots in downtown Carlisle or dine with views of the Susquehanna River at Dukes Riverside Bar & Grille, Dockside Willies and RockBass Grill in Wormleysburg.
- Attend a Valentine's Day-themed cooking class at The Kitchen Shoppe or the Culinary Kitchen at Cornerstone Coffeehouse then go to see a play at one of our local theatres.
- Take a romantic walk around scenic Children’s Lake and then warm up with a candlelit dinner at historic Boiling Springs Tavern followed by a luxurious overnight stay at Allenberry Resort.
- Start the evening at The Game Table Café, where you and your date can choose from a large library of board games, then sip a sampling of craft beer, wine, mead, and spirits at some of the more than 25 locations along the Cumberland Valley Beer Trail.
Be sure to browse the events calendar for Valentine's Day specials, wine tastings, cooking classes, exhibit openings and more.
Great Gift Ideas
- Shop the Block on Pomfret Street in Carlisle for a truly unique gift. This mini-shopping district offers funky gift shops, a vintage jewelry store, art galleries and more!
- Meeka Fine Jewelry in Camp Hill offers unique custom-made jewelry (including the owners' own line) while K Novinger in Lemoyne specializes in carefully-crafted made-to-order pieces.
- Enjoy some relaxation with a couples massage at the state-of-the-art SPAtacular Escapes or in the salt cave at Tranquility Salon & Wellness Center.
- An aromatherapy bracelet and essential oil from The Inner Connection are perfect from those who enjoy smelling soothing scents all day long.
- Rather than flowers, give a unique balloon bouquet from Hooplas Etc.
- Gifts for men include a Yeti Rambler from TCO Outdoors and Shave Soap from No Common Scents.
- Ice Art Fest: Take part in this family-friendly event occurring the second weekend in February in downtown Carlisle. See different ice sculptures and take part in all of the activities.
- Many of our wineries and breweries have food and drink specials along with live music.
A Romantic Evening at Home
Get comfortable and enjoy a date night at home after picking up some of the essentials at our local shops. Here are some suggestions:
- Shop for a board game or a puzzle at Whistestop Bookstore.
- Pick up a bottle (or two) of wine from Castlerigg Wine Shop or grab a growler from one of our breweries.
- Complement the wine or beer with chocolates from Mummert Chocolates or Macris Chocolates.
- Purchase a soft and comfortable fleece blanket from Allenberry Resort or a cozy throw the greatest gift.
- Light the room with some candles from Ashcombe Farm & Greenhouses.