Cumberland Valley Fall Festivals & Events
The fall season in Cumberland Valley has no shortage of activities including numerous festivals that provide fun for the entire family. These local events highlight the best of Cumberland Valley -- from food and drinks to entertainment and fine arts -- and showcase why this area is such a wonderful place to live, work, and play.
- Celebrate American Craft Week every October with a full week of Cumberland Valley events occurring at galleries, museums, and artisan shops.
- Harvest of the Arts takes place in downtown Carlisle in late September. The event features 100 juried artists, live music, children's activities, and plenty of food. Leisurely stroll High Street as you browse the vendor booths and explore downtown's eclectic mix of shops.
- New Cumberland Apple Festival features everything apple! Peruse over 200 vendors selling crafts and fine arts, children's activities, and yummy apple-themed foods. Held the last Saturday in September.
- Held in Adams-Ricci Park the second weekend in October, the Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest features craft vendors, a custom and antique car show, live entertainment, children's activities, and pumpkin-themed food.
- Enjoy acres of sunflowers set amidst the scenic beauty of the Meadowbrooke Gourds' farm. Their annual Sunflower Festival features craft vendors, food trucks, an Oops sale, musical entertainment, and 50 acres of sunflowers free for the picking.
- Set in the bucolic Pine Grove Furnace State Park, Fall Furnace Fest boasts food and craft vendors, live entertainment, environmental education programs, historical demonstrations, guided hikes, and food. Kids will love hayrides, pumpkin carving, scarecrow making, and the annual "Hairy Hand" program where lit pumpkins are floated in the lake.